View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Rocky Raccoon
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:30 pm 
Penguin

Rocky Raccoon

:D :D :D :D :D / :D :D :D :D :D

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=S2997

Okay, if you are looking for instant laughter and an instant reputation, this is a great way to go. "Rocky Raccoon" is a beautifully crafted spring animal that is great for kids (or even adults) shows. It is very easy to use, and is packed with laughs.

Price: :)
$29.25 Definitely worth the investment!

Quality: :)
Rocky is an awesome puppet made of the finest fur, and a sturdy spring which both add a lot to his "lifelikeness". The only problem that I have ever had is that it really does not look much like a raccoon. It looks more like a skinny beaver or a ferret than a raccoon. It definitely looks like a live animal, but not like any I have ever seen. Rocky is an awesome puppet that looks very much alive, and is great for almost any audience.

Effect: :D
The instructions that come with Rocky are fairly detailed, so the basic handling for him is pretty basic. But there is so much that you can do with this guy its not even funny! (well actually it kind of is) Get ready to get creative! You can make him eat, sleep, play dead (hilarious), dance, run, climb, drink, and you can even blow him up like a balloon animal! If you believe he is real, everyone else will too!

Final Thoughts: :D
Rocky is so much fun! I sometimes just for laughs carry him around with me, and people stare in wonder and amazement! I have also used him at kid's birthday parties, and the kids love him more than the tricks! He is really a lot of fun, so check it out!

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=S2997

Post subject: Re: Rocky Raccoon
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:43 am 
Penguin

Good review man, just ordered one. I can't wait to use him. :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:34 am 
Penguin

haha this product seems awesome due to many positive feedbacks(including yours).
I will probably be getting it soon, but i just got a question for now, does it look "magical" to audience or just a puppet show whom everyone can play with it. Or isit something that only you could do because you know the method, but they could never do if they don't know the "magical" method.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:38 pm 
born to perform.

ThatsMagical wrote:
haha this product seems awesome due to many positive feedbacks(including yours).
I will probably be getting it soon, but i just got a question for now, does it look "magical" to audience or just a puppet show whom everyone can play with it. Or isit something that only you could do because you know the method, but they could never do if they don't know the "magical" method.

Honestly Magical, anyone could really do it, it's a spring in a puppet for heaven's sakes. However, it takes some practice to get the his movement to look real enough. Also, the biggest thing with Rocky is patter. If you can come up with a cute talk track, he can be really entertaining. Kids LOVE rocky. They could technically do it, but there's not really a "Method" per se. Just a way of performing with him. He's more of a prop than he is a "magic trick" but he's a lot of fun.

I actually misplaced mine, and think I have an idea where he is, I sure hope so, cause he's pretty great.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:46 am 
Penguin

OvERSiZELoAD wrote:
ThatsMagical wrote:

Honestly Magical, anyone could really do it, it's a spring in a puppet for heaven's sakes. However, it takes some practice to get the his movement to look real enough. Also, the biggest thing with Rocky is patter. If you can come up with a cute talk track, he can be really entertaining. Kids LOVE rocky. They could technically do it, but there's not really a "Method" per se. Just a way of performing with him. He's more of a prop than he is a "magic trick" but he's a lot of fun.

I actually misplaced mine, and think I have an idea where he is, I sure hope so, cause he's pretty great.

I was thinking to use it when performing to kids. But it seems that they would be more interested in the racoon which seems more like a puppet show, rather than the "magic"(since it is just a puppet in a spring), however it is still entertaining. I never used it before so i got no knowledge about it and i thought some sleights are needed to make it work.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:42 am 
born to perform.

You can use it along with a trick. Like have Rocky do a card trick.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:19 pm 
born to perform.

keepit bottled said a spectator told him rocky racoon worked by using magnets lol,ill mention it to him to post the whole story

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:56 am 
born to perform.

jonathan_thegreat wrote:
keepit bottled said a spectator told him rocky racoon worked by using magnets lol,ill mention it to him to post the whole story

LOL. Its kinda funny that alot of people think your using magnets on alot of tricks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:29 am 
born to perform.

ok what happened was

I brought roxy raccoon into a classroom. I didnt end up using it, but i always carry extra material just in case. So i'm a student teacher and i was sitting at the back of the room playing with Roxy. This kid who was suppose to be looking at the front of the room (i'm behind the room) sees me playing with it and says. Oh cool, i have one of those, its magnets. I'm like do u really have one of these? really?

like if he really did, he'd know its not magnets lol. Also i dont see how magnets would work, it would seriously be complicated and require gimmicked clothes probally. Yeah people often think things are done by magnets when they are not. especially rising card.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:50 pm 
Team Penguin

I never really believed in Rocky Raccoon before seeing Josh Janousky (Zenn here on the forums) perform with him. It looks amazingly real in the right hands.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:28 am 
Penguin

Popchris wrote:
I never really believed in Rocky Raccoon before seeing Josh Janousky (Zenn here on the forums) perform with him. It looks amazingly real in the right hands.

It is totally true. In the right hands, it looks so real that its scary haha. If you youtube rocky, you can get some awesome ideas on how to use him for comedy, tricks, and whatever else you want =P. The thing about Rocky is that he looks real, but he does not look like any particular animal. Someone told me they thought it was a squirrel! It really does not look like a raccoon, but it does look alive and real. Be creative, and invent a name for it! =P