View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Sheridan Course in Card Manipulation
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:10 am 
Penguin

The Sheridan Course in Card Manipulation

Performed and Taught by Jeff Sheridan
With guest Jay Noblezada

:D :D :D :D / :D :D :D :D :D

Description:

The Sheridan Course in Card Manipulation is a 3 DVD set (which runs up to 6 hours). It teaches back palms, productions, vanishes, fans, cuts, color changes, and many other effects and sleights. This set is taught by Jeff Sheridan, one of the world's finest card manipulators.

Price: :D :D :D :D / :D :D :D :D :D

For the price, this is a great set that is well worth the investment. The individual DVDs come out to about $23.00 each, which is very reasonable. When you are getting 3 of them; however, they do start to add up. Good deal for what you are getting.

DVD Quality: :D :D :D :D :D / :D :D :D :D :D

The quality of the DVD and the production thereof is amazing. Every detail is caught on camera, giving the viewer everything he/she needs to know.
One downside to the DVD is that there is next to nothing for performance footage. It would have been nice to see Jeff's full act to get the idea of what exactly he does, and how he does it.
The menus are simple but nice, and the entire DVD is filled with classy music. Very nice.

Teaching Quality: :D :D :D :D / :D :D :D :D :D

Everything on this DVD is taught as thoroughly as it could have been. Jeff makes sure to get everything on camera, and to slow it down enough that you can actually see what is happening. The "teach-in" sections were a nice bonus. Not only do they help the viewer out even more, but they also add a bit of color to the DVD.
Jeff Sheridan is a great teacher, and he makes sure that everything is thoroughly explained; however, he is not the "fun" type of person to watch. He does not have the strong personality and speech abilities that some other teachers have. He is full of information, and presents himself well.

Effect: :D :D :D :D / :D :D :D :D :D

To be completely honest, the effects that are on this DVD are not for everyone. Many of the sleights are very difficult, and do not come easy. In fact, most of them will probably take years to even get good at.
But, we know from experience that good things do not always come easily. Although the sleights are hard, they are worth it in the end. Watching Jeff work with the cards was a thing of beauty! His fans, his productions, his tosses; they all looked amazing!
Like Jeff says on the DVD... Card manipulation is an art. It is like playing an instrument, or painting a picture. It takes practice.

Final Thoughts:

This is an amazing set, that will teach you more than you need to know about card manipulation! It will take practice, and many decks of cards, but once you got some of this down, you will look, feel, and perform much more professionally. I definitely recommend this DVD to anyone interested in manipulating cards.

Post subject: Re: The Sheridan Course in Card Manipulation
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:16 pm 
Penguin

I love to watch card manipulations and i think it is very cool for someone to do that. However, it takes quite a long time to get a hang on it :). Though some people knew the method, but they can't do it :D. Its the awesome skills of manipulating the cards which impress them.

Hmm, this dvd set came out quite a time and from what i see it is as good as Jeff Mcbride's card manipulations dvd set. Personally, I don't perform card manipulations but i enjoy every performance of it. Respect to those people who took great efforts to practise it and showcase your talents of manipulating cards ^_^.

I like the way you rate each section with the smiley faces :). And lastly, good luck in your card manipulations :)

Last edited by ThatsMagical on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:23 pm 
born to perform.

I also like the smiley face rating, but in my opinion the fact that you put :) :) :) :) / :) :) :) :) :) gets a bit distracting. If you put at the beginning that all ratings are out of 5, it'd make it look a bit cleaner.

However, since that's my only complaint, good review! I love the McBride set for my own purposes, but Sheridan is a MASTER!

-JT

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:58 pm 
Penguin

miniserb725 wrote:
I also like the smiley face rating, but in my opinion the fact that you put :) :) :) :) / :) :) :) :) :) gets a bit distracting. If you put at the beginning that all ratings are out of 5, it'd make it look a bit cleaner.

However, since that's my only complaint, good review! I love the McBride set for my own purposes, but Sheridan is a MASTER!

-JT

Haha I am surprised that I never thought of that! Thanks for the input.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:22 pm 
Team Penguin

I have seen both sets, and I recommend watching both; Sheridan and McBride both teach different ways to do the same things, and seeing different angles on the same move is always helpful.

Loved the review; this is a fantastic set for anyone of ANY skill level in Card Manipulation. :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:11 pm 
Penguin

Maybe we should post some videos of our manipulation progress? :D