View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

What does your wallet do (what do you use it for)?
Card To Wallet 35%  35%  [ 13 ]
Peek Wallet 11%  11%  [ 4 ]
Pocket Writing 11%  11%  [ 4 ]
Everyday Wallet 24%  24%  [ 9 ]
Production Wallet 11%  11%  [ 4 ]
Other 8%  8%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 37
 Post subject: Triple Threat Wallet
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:16 pm 
Penguin

Triple Threat Wallet
Anthony Miller

Quality :D :D :D
The quality of this wallet is very decent. It is real leather and seems like it will hold out well. I do not like the fact that there are huge snap together buttons inside the wallet that can be felt through the leather. Maybe I have to play around with it some more, but I find myself worried about sitting on top of it all day. For now I keep it in my front right pocket.
There are actually 2 wallets that come with the Triple Threat. The first is a half fold back pocket wallet, and the second is half the size that can either fit inside the first wallet or in a shirt pocket. Here are some pictures...
Attachment:
IMG_1949.jpg
IMG_1949.jpg [ 223.27 KiB | Viewed 1852 times ]
Attachment:
IMG_1950.jpg
IMG_1950.jpg [ 215.75 KiB | Viewed 1852 times ]
Attachment:
IMG_1954.jpg
IMG_1954.jpg [ 136.22 KiB | Viewed 1852 times ]

Gimmick :D :D :D :D
Genius! I love the way the gimmick looks! Not only does it look natural, but it actually adds personality and style to the wallet! Not only do you have a card to wallet effect, but you also have a built in peek feature and a pocket writing function as well. There is a lot that you can do with this wallet. You can produce sponge balls, silks, or a golf ball out of this wallet if you wanted to. It is a very versatile gimmick, and I have found myself coming up with various uses for it already.

Practicality :D :D :D :D
The Triple Threat is a very good everyday wallet too. It is the only wallet I am using now if that tells you anything. There are 4 credit card slots (although one of them wont properly fit a credit card lol), a cash slot, and a slit for business cards or other things.

Effect :D :D :D :D
The main effect done with this wallet is to make a signed card travel to your wallet instantly. It is an amazing finisher for an ambitious card routine! There are tons of other uses and effects for this wallet. You can do a mentalism effect where you pull out your wallet and the thought of card is written on a piece of paper inside the wallet’s pocket! You can read your spectator’s mind because of the peek function that the wallet has. You can produce objects from the wallet very easily which is funny and always gets a laugh. You can do so much with this one wallet!

Instructions :D :D
Wow. The instructions that came with the wallet(s) were not very helpful. They give you the general idea of the wallet with a few illustrations, but they could have made it so much better. Personally I found the instructions somewhat vague and unclear, but that may just be me. It would be awesome IF PENGUIN COULD MAKE AN INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO FOR THE TRIPLE THREAT *hint hint*. I would love to hear some ideas from everyone else on how to use this wallet for other purposes as I am sure it has MANY!

In closing, I would like to say that I am very pleased with the wallet. It is a little expensive, but I am still glad that I bought it. I would recommend it, but would weigh out my options to make sure I am getting the best deal I can.

Post subject: Re: Triple Threat Wallet
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:33 pm 
born to perform.

Would you mind adding this to our wallet thread? It is a nice place where we can keep all wallet reviews so people looking for wallets can compare and contrast easily. Thanks

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157791&start=0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:15 pm 
Penguin

eostresh wrote:
Would you mind adding this to our wallet thread? It is a nice place where we can keep all wallet reviews so people looking for wallets can compare and contrast easily. Thanks

done =) no problem!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:17 pm 
born to perform.

sumobear08 wrote:
eostresh wrote:

done =) no problem!

Thanks...Nice review

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:19 pm 
born to perform.

Yes, VERY nice review, Thank You!

I haven't liked the snaps in the wallets either. I understand they help to reinforce the effect but I prefer a zipper.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:28 am 
born to perform.

i've been using this as my normal day to day wallet for quite some time now.

Do you find that once you put all your money, cards and other things in it, the "load" part becomes a little to tight? I've tried to stretch it but it always reverts back to its original tightness. Also i've found no need for the 2nd load thing, took that out.

Overall its still really good

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:38 am 
Penguin

A little thread necromancy here.... old thread, I know.

I use my Triple Threat as my everyday wallet. One problem I had was the snap closure of the pocket started messing up the loading - it was creasing around the snap. So I removed the snap and put in a Velcro strip. The leather calmed down and the loading is much better for me.

But the instructions this wallet comes with are a terrible joke. A xeroxed sheet of crappy directions. But using the pictures and watching some demos on YouTube i figured it out well enough.

I have had this wallet over a year and I really like it. But the creator of the wallet, or Penguin, should really make a DVD to go with it.

The card to wallet DVD http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2238 helps but it covers to many types of wallets to really be very practical.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:59 pm 
Penguin

The more I have gotten into card to wallets the more I realise how much I hate Tony millers designs and quality. As a leather worker I have used the same principle of the ttt wallet but removed all snsps and added a zipper and much higher quality leather. I told Tony miller that the zipper was the way to go but he insisted that it would not look like an every day wallet. Well tony at least with my wallet both sides can be shown and look symmetrical.

The highest quality wallets I have found to date are the ones that come from england.