View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Where can i get a deal on a table on wheels, strolling magic
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:01 pm 
Penguin

I'm thinking ebay or amazon might have strolling tables for close up kind of similar in style to the ones found in restaruant supply stores. Any ideas where I can get the best deal or what I could type into amazon or ebay. The words 'stroilling magic table' or related dont show anything.

Post subject: Re: Where can i get a deal on a table on wheels, strolling m
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:41 pm 
Penguin

The best deal is going to be to make it yourself. Might want to look at some designs though because I believe some may be gimmicky in ways.

-ArchAngel_G

PS Try searching for case?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:42 pm 
born to perform.

Garage sales, Craiglist, etc. Look for something the height you want, maybe something with a drawer or two. Take it home and screw down a cut piece of wood of your liking to be a table top. Drill holes and fasten it with nuts and bolts if you want it to be removable. Pick up some felt at WallyMart or a fabric store, cut and use spray adhesive to hold it down. If you want the performance surface to be more spongy (spun-gee... haha, spongy looks funny) put a thin layer of soft rubber or foam underneath the felt.
I believe the store, TJ-MAXX has some furniture at a nice height that would make for a great stand.

For mobility, if the stand/table has legs a board could be cut so that the table's legs fasten on top of the board and then wheels can be added underneath. This board would add and extra shelf and could be boxed in with wood, covered with material or left open, stained with similar color as the table.

If changing the look of the table or getting in to that much crafting isn't desirable, a collapsible hand-truck is convenient for moving around. http://www.amazon.com/Magna-Cart-Elite- ... B0010XS5PS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:02 pm 
Penguin

Yah i figured I'd have to make one. So I contacted a rest. suply store to get a tray stand by table craft, their something like $40....Lowes can customize to add a 1/2" inch board to the top to make the top sturdy.....and follow that up with a nice piece of fabric for presentation and thats pretty much that. I may throw a magic pad/mat on top for close up effects.

Thanks for your suggestions..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:13 am 
Penguin

First off strolling magic is all done out of your pocket not on a table.Second don't put wheels on a table it won't work where it will roll easy.Go for one that folds up and put it on a hand truck or luggage hand truck.

Don

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:01 pm 
born to perform.

Good points Don. Locking wheels are available but wheels themselves aren't necessary unless one sees that as a functional element for their purpose. I would go with a hand truck too as stairs, curbs, lawns, etc. can be maneuvered over. These folding ones are nice as the handle is able to be collapsed and the wheels fold inward; http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... ck&x=0&y=0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:52 pm 
Team Penguin

You should check out Go Pro by Tom Krzstof. This is exactly what he teaches in his DVD:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/1162

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:52 am 
born to perform.

acar wrote:
You should check out Go Pro by Tom Krzstof. This is exactly what he teaches in his DVD:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/1162

Agree with that. its an excellent DVD and he does that you through construction of a very good carry case/table.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:07 am 
Team Penguin

Or...you could just NOT use a table...it's too much of a hassle to keep up with, roll around, maneuver, etc when you're in many strolling situations. It's best to just stick with tricks that can be held by either you, or the spectators...or if you're at a "sit down" event, just use the table surface people are eating off of. Trust me...you'll get tired of the table after using it a few times.