View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Morgan Strebler's SHADOW DVD
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:52 am 
Penguin

I was allowed to preview Morgan Strebler's new effect, SHADOW. It's killer, it's impromptu and is diabolical in method. It looks like your shadow detaches from your body. You can borrow their cell phone and they see the shadow of your arm and hand ( holding the phone ) detach from your body ).

As with his DVD SPUN, he teaches the effect to someone in the studio. I think this is a great way to teach as you get to see someone that has no knowledge of how to do it going through the process, so it's like you're at a lecture.

There are incredible 2 bonus effects. BLOW and STARE. Both are PK Touch type of effects using two spectators. What you do to one spectator, the other actually feels it.

I'm a big fan of Morgan's work and this new offering I think is his finest to date.

The project is in association with Paul Harris and should be out soon.

Chris Kavanagh

Last edited by standup44 on Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Morgan Strebler's SHADOW DVD
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:34 am 
born to perform.

Sounds interesting thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:30 am 
born to perform.

any videos of it? i looked it up and didnt find any

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:51 am 
Penguin

I doubt this is coming out any time soon? Molten by Morgan Strebler is not out yet even when the video of trailer is already out long time ago. I don't think there would be a majority of negative comments though as Morgan Strebler always got good reviews on his products only a minority/none gave negative comments.

I don't really know the details of this effect, do you mean that the spectators uses any cellphone, get into camera mode and shadows seems detach from him when audiences are looking at the screen? If so, anyone finds it similar to Ghost Visions( provided that this effect uses camera in the cellphone too). Can you upload the link to this trailer? Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:54 pm 
born to perform.

ThatsMagical wrote:
I doubt this is coming out any time soon? Molten by Morgan Strebler is not out yet even when the video of trailer is already out long time ago. I don't think there would be a majority of negative comments though as Morgan Strebler always got good reviews on his products only a minority/none gave negative comments.
Since this is being produced by PHP, I think there is more of a chance of it being released. Molten HAS been released a number of times with very limited runs, it is not constantly available.

I don't really know the details of this effect, do you mean that the spectators uses any cellphone, get into camera mode and shadows seems detach from him when audiences are looking at the screen? If so, anyone finds it similar to Ghost Visions( provided that this effect uses camera in the cellphone too). Can you upload the link to this trailer? Thanks.

Basically the effect is this: the performer borrows a cell phone then points out the shadow of his hand holding the cellphone on the ground. He then moves his hand and (obviously) the shadow on the ground moves. Then he starts moving his hand and the shadow on the ground stays frozen.
My problem with it is that the cellphone seems kind of unnecessary...why does he need it to detach his shadow? Anyway, it is nothing at all like Ghost Vision, completely different effect although one could probably flow into the other quite well.
There was a short performance that Morgan posted on facebook and youtube but it looks like they have both been removed.
It has potential to be really cool and I really like the idea of the effect.
No offense to you, Chris, but I might have to wait for some non "preview copy" reviews.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:46 pm 
Penguin

Morgan had a video up on facebook I think it was, I saw it, it's pretty much as described above, but I don't think the video is up anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:21 pm 
born to perform.

moltens been out, well people have bought it; im pretty sure u have to order it form him

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:54 am 
Penguin

jonathan_thegreat wrote:
moltens been out, well people have bought it; im pretty sure u have to order it form him

Serious? Hows the reviews?

Not sure if i am buying it as i think people use more of cans and plastic bottles for soda/alcohol :).

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:07 pm 
born to perform.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view ... 09&start=0

their u go

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:49 am 
Penguin

jonathan_thegreat wrote:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=337011&forum=109&start=0

their u go

Thanks dude, but not an official review is made, just a few comments by the people which seems to be quite positive. Looking forward that penguin would promote this trick and people would make a review here :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:07 am 
born to perform.

maybe u should read page 2 of that link

I just got my Molten next day air on Friday and Wow, were the first words out of my mouth. The packaging alone is amazing and that’s not all. When you first get the kool Molten box open, the trick was a little intimidating, but once you start reading through the directions Morgan makes it all clear. This product is one the best contemporary effects I have ever seen, as well as one the most incredible and practical Mental Bending effects out on the market. Late last night I had a chance to try the simple method for a small group and (Yes, they were drinking lots of Corona at the tyme) the reaction was more than Great. I can’t wait to add this effect to my next Nightclub gig

I've been gigging MOLTEN for a few weeks now and can attest to it's strength. It BLOWS MINDS completely when done right and I've put in orders for lots more bottles to give away!

I opted for the Corona bottle and they're very well made and a single bottle would last forever as long as you didn't take a hammer to it or leave it with a spectator.

This is an incredible effect at a very low price, BUYBUYBUY!! or alternatively, just leave the dumbfounded looks and shrill screams of amazement all to me and Morgan!

Best,

DC