View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My new book *Available very soon*
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:53 am 
Penguin

After the release of my first book 'Devious realities' with Kenton Knepper, I decided I wanted to write book where the main theme was the subject being the mind reader.

Here are a list of effects, Opinions?

Trust your instinct

Effect

The performer invites a female subject up onto the stage and asks her if she is a stooge or a confederate, to which she replies she is most certainly not and that she has never had the pleasure of being acquainted with the performer before now.

The Performer asks her to pick any random male member of the audience to join her on the stage; the new participant confirms that he also is not a stooge and is asked to take a seat.
The female is now asked to make decisions based on her feelings, she is asked not to state anything out loud and just to think of her choices.

She is asked to imagine a deck of cards and then think of what colour she would like, once she has made that decision she gets told to think of the suit and finally the value.

A deck of cards is then produced and handed to the seated male; the female is to imagine she is screaming the card that is in her mind at the male, but say nothing out loud.

He is asked to go through the entire deck face down one at a time until he gets the feeling to stop, when he feels he has to stop, he is to place that card face down on the table away from the rest of the cards.

The performer then asks the female to state out loud the card she selected mentally, the card that is in her mind alone,

‘The Jack of Hearts’

The male is then asked to show everyone what card he has chosen out of the deck, it matches the card the female subject had in her mind!

Subject to subject book test

Book tests are not a new ploy to the mentalist, all seeming to follow a similar pattern with the same outcome; a subject selects a book at random then chooses a page and finally a word, the performer is then able to correctly predict the word that was selected at random.
I wanted something a little different, here is my presentation, I hope you enjoy.[/size]

Effect

As seen by the audience;

Two subjects are asked to come up onto the stage, they are handed a book, a white board and a pen. They are then asked to turn to any page they desire within the book, select a word that stands out to them and write it down.

Both ensuring their word is kept private from the other subject, each subject is then asked to imagine they are the other subject, imagine they are flicking through the others book and to visualize the word that they think the other has selected.

When they both confirm they have done this and settled upon a word, the first subject is asked to state out loud what word he thinks the second subject has chosen, the second subject is asked to state out loud what word she think the first has chosen.

Both the boards are turned around to show each subject has correctly predicted the others word!

Note* the subjects can choose any page at complete random, the words that are selected are different to each others, two different books, there is no preshow work required and the mentalist never intervenes the subjects do all the work.[/size]

Lost and found.

Effect

The performer invites a subject up onto the stage and asks them to think of the last name of a person that they went to school with; to choose someone that meant something to them and make sure that it’s a name no one else in the room is going to know.

The performer explains that he is not going to perform this effect and that someone from the audience will be selected to do his job.

The performer asks the subject to whisper the last name into his ear, ensuring no one else hears it and the performer writes the name (hidden from the audience) on a business card and then presents five pay envelopes.

After it is verified that the envelopes are in fact opaque, there is no way they can be seen through, the word is sealed inside one of the envelopes and handed to the spectator who mixes them behind their back, so even the performer cannot know the order.

A second subject is invited to the stage, he confirms he has not met the first subject or the performer before and he has no idea which envelope the contents are in, let alone the name written on the card.

The envelopes are then fanned out in front of the new subject, he is asked to take an envelope he doesn’t believe the word is in and tear it to reveal that envelope is empty.

This is repeated three more times until one envelope remains, the subject is then asked to close his eyes and imagine the name, let it come to the front of his mind and when it is bright and clear say that name out loud.

He responds ‘Greenwood’

The envelope is opened to reveal the name is in fact Greenwood!

The subject has not only predicted the correct envelope but the name also!

Inside Intution

Effect

The performer states he is going to demonstrate a feat which can only be described as impossible; he invites a random member of the audience up onto the stage and verifies they have not met before.

He hands a Manila envelope to the subject and states the reason she has been invited onto the stage is to make sure nothing suspicious is going on and is asked not to lie for the performer on any account.

From now on she will be referred to as the Judge she is asked to inspect the envelope, make sure it is not see through, there are no slits, secret holes or marks that give away the contents.
She is asked if she knows what the contents are, she states she does not and then is asked to invite another member of the audience up onto the stage.

The performer then tells the audience that inside the envelope is a picture and no one in the room knows the contents of the envelope it is signed and then handed back to the performer.

He addresses the subject that the Judge chose and asks them to concentrate very hard and build the picture up in their minds that they believe is inside the envelope.

They are handed a white board and a pen and asked to draw the image they have in their mind, when they have completed this the envelope is opened and inside is the picture that matches the image they drew.

The subject that was chosen at random has successfully duplicated a picture that is in a verified sealed opaque envelope whilst the whole thing is judged![/size]

Dunninger vs. Annemann

Effect

Everyone in the audience is asked to think of a three digit number, a random member of the audience is selected via the throw of a paper ball and is asked to join the performer on the stage.

It is then explained that they are going to play a game, based on the three digit number that she chose at random.

The performer explains they are going to play three games in total and the game will be referred to as ‘the Finger Game’.

It is explained that if for example she chose ‘123’ as her three digit number, when she plays the first game she is to hold one finger up for the audience to see (as it was the first number in the three digits she chose), the second game two fingers and the third game three fingers.

Once she understands the game a second subject is chose in the same manner and invited up onto the stage also.

The performer places the second subject facing the audience and blindfolds him, then places the first subject behind him also facing the audience (the second subject has his back to the first subject).

When the performer says ‘go’ the first subject is to hold her fingers up so the audience can see them and the second subject is asked to guess how many fingers he believes she is holding up.
The performer turns around also, so he has his back facing the subject holding up the fingers, this eliminates anyone thinking he is somehow secretly prompting the blindfolded subject.

The performer says ‘Go’.

She holds up an amount of fingers and the blindfolded subject is able to correctly identify the amount of fingers, this is repeated three times in total all three time the second subject gets it right![/size]

Three heads are better than one

Effect

The Performer invites two random subjects onto the stage and states he will demonstrate how simple it is to replicate telepathy using psychology. He asks both subject’s to close their eyes and indicates one of them will pretend to be psychic and try to mentally send an image to the other.

The performer draws an image on a white board and displays it to the audience, he then tells the sender to get an image into their minds and imagine sending it mentally to the receiver and the receiver must imagine seeing the image build slowly in their minds.

Both of the subjects are then asked to open their eyes one at a time, handed a white board and draw the image that is in their mind. They are instructed to keep the board against their chest to hide the image from anyone else and then come to the front of the stage and join the performer.

The performer states they will all turn their boards around on the count of three, One....Two....Three the boards are turned to face the audience and all three images match!

The image can be any image in the world and there is no preshow work involved in this effect.[/size]

There is also a few other effects in the book.

Pete

Post subject: Re: My new book *Available very soon*
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:29 am 
Penguin

P.s no stooges no pre-show and no writing down anything to extract data :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:42 am 
Penguin

oh my god i loove this when is it coming out and on what site this is just what i have been looking for

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:44 pm 
Penguin

Well I'm currently waiting a release date and H&R books :) will let everyone know soon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:31 pm 
Penguin

Peter_turner1 wrote:
Well I'm currently waiting a release date and H&R books :) will let everyone know soon

thanks when it does come out can pm me and send a link to where i can buy it

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:48 pm 
Penguin

how much is it going to cost

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:44 am 
Penguin

jeremys wrote:

http://www.wonderwizards.com/product_in ... iu4onvjaa2

Here is my first book,

read after Kenton's calculation effect,('ipi' onwards) this book contains similar miracles and the second book will probs be a similar price.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:04 pm 
born to perform.

Peter_turner1 wrote:
jeremys wrote:

http://www.wonderwizards.com/product_in ... iu4onvjaa2

Here is my first book,

read after Kenton's calculation effect,('ipi' onwards) this book contains similar miracles and the second book will probs be a similar price.

Okay I bit!. Haven't read it all yet but the drawing dupe is nice as well as ipi. Very clever stuff!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:16 pm 
Penguin

[quote=Okay I bit!. Haven't read it all yet but the drawing dupe is nice as well as ipi. Very clever stuff![/quote]

Hope you enjoy :)

I hope it opens up a few new avenues to your future way of thinking :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:05 pm 
born to perform.

Wow....Mind Plant! Awsome! That is going to be so fun to perform!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:56 pm 
born to perform.

You know it! Peter did a fantastic job on this book.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:12 am 
Penguin

eostresh wrote:
Wow....Mind Plant! Awsome! That is going to be so fun to perform!

Thank you :D

there is a few videos of me performing this on you tube (just at a private sitting for a couple of fellow performers)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E97Op4Wt ... ideo_title

(I think if you have read the book you can see this is minus a lot of patter and Mind Plant I use as a stage piece so, i re-arranged it a little bit for a close up effect)

might give you a little idea of how it looks from an audiences point of view :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:16 am 
Penguin

Also you may notice something in the video that I use to ensure nothing i don't want to be seen is seen ;)

I never put that little bit in the book but you can see from the video it is a cheeky way to be very open and still restrict everyone else

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:44 am 
Penguin

Here is the 'Trust you instinct' from the second book, cleanest mental card force and the subject is even asked if it was completely his choice (no preshow)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ytk6klqRK6k&NR=1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:21 am 
born to perform.

Mind Plant variation #2.... GENIUS!!! (Would be great to have the actual item appear too.)

Trust Your Instincts is truly... THE ACAAN (Any Card At Any Number) MIRACLE!
Great work Peter!