View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Scream 4
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:44 pm 
Penguin

Anyone else see it? I'm a big fan of the first Scream movie, and I liked 2 and 3 as well.

4 was good. It was a good continuation of the story, but there were some things that were just a little bit upsetting.
1.Certain people who I feel should have died didn't.
2.Certain people who I feel shouldn't have died did.
3.The ending was meh...could have been better.

Overall I enjoyed it though. 8/10.

Post subject: Re: Scream 4
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:34 pm 
Team Penguin

I actually heard this was awful and cliche. The Scream movies have NEVER scared me so I can't see it being very exciting.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:53 pm 
born to perform.

I bought tickets for Source Code with the intention of sneaking into scream 4 but I am so glad I didn't and I watched Source Code instead.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:19 pm 
Team Penguin

harrybob10 wrote:
I bought tickets for Source Code with the intention of sneaking into scream 4 but I am so glad I didn't and I watched Source Code instead.

Ah, the days ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:58 pm 
Penguin

girspiggy wrote:
I actually heard this was awful and cliche. The Scream movies have NEVER scared me so I can't see it being very exciting.

Well, Scream movies aren't really supposed to be scary. They're jumpy and freaky. And they're supposed to be funny at times as well.

And they're basically cliche by definition (they actually spoofed this in the beginning of the movie).

In all honesty, though, this movie was very good. And some of it was just insane. But to each his own, if it's not your kind of movie, that's alright with me.

"So...Stab 6 is the beginning of Stab 7?"

I haven't seen Source Code, or seen anything about it. I've heard it looks bad, but I've also heard from several people that it's really good.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:46 pm 
Team Penguin

You're very correct Flappy. Never thought of it that way. I still remember seeing the first one when Omar Epps got stabbed in the bathroom stall.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:04 am 
Penguin

girspiggy wrote:
You're very correct Flappy. Never thought of it that way. I still remember seeing the first one when Omar Epps got stabbed in the bathroom stall.

That was actually the beginning of Scream 2 where he was at the movies to see the first "Stab" movie, which were based on the events of the original Scream.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:24 pm 
Penguin

mcdog474 wrote:
girspiggy wrote:

That was actually the beginning of Scream 2 where he was at the movies to see the first "Stab" movie, which were based on the events of the original Scream.

Yep. #2. I'm watching 3 right now (for the second time). They're all pretty good movies. But 4 and 1 are the best.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:46 am 
born to perform.

It is also scarier when you watch it "in its time". I bought the trilogy DVD box set about 14 years after the first movie came out and it is not as scary as I remember it. The same goes for "A Nightmare On Elm Street". The latter is actually funnier than Scream.

I think we become se "desensitised" that we don't find things as scary or disturbing now than we used to.

I haven't seen Scream 4 yet. It has not yet been released in my country. I can't wait for it though. I loved and still love the Scream trilogy.

BTW. What will 6 movies be called. Is it a saga? I think Star Wars is a saga.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:55 pm 
Penguin

WV wrote:
It is also scarier when you watch it "in its time". I bought the trilogy DVD box set about 14 years after the first movie came out and it is not as scary as I remember it. The same goes for "A Nightmare On Elm Street". The latter is actually funnier than Scream.

I think we become se "desensitised" that we don't find things as scary or disturbing now than we used to.

I haven't seen Scream 4 yet. It has not yet been released in my country. I can't wait for it though. I loved and still love the Scream trilogy.

BTW. What will 6 movies be called. Is it a saga? I think Star Wars is a saga.

The proper term for a set of six is hexology.

I dunno, saga just doesn't sound right for a horror movie franchise.