View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chop by Craig Petty
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:33 am 
born to perform.

EZrhythm wrote:
...And now it has mysteriously VANISHED from the TOP 10.

lmao :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:21 am 
Penguin

I got Chop on Monday of this week and I have not put it down since. This is awesome and it has so many possibilities. I haven't performed it yet because I want to get it down, but hats off to Craig Petty for this one; it's simply fantastic!

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:55 pm 
born to perform.

Who did you receive it from?

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:41 pm 
Penguin

EZrhythm wrote:
Who did you receive it from?

Well it didn't look like Penguin was going to have it in so I had to go through a competitor.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 4:26 am 
born to perform.

This update from Craig;

Hi guys.

I have managed to get to most of the pm's but anyone I haven't replied to I will do so by tomorrow. Firstly I want to say thanks once again for the continued support of Chop - I am so glad that you guys have enjoyed this effect so much. I was at the Bristol Magic Convention yesterday and I had so many people come to me and say they use Chop all the time in their act. Thank you everyone for your support.

Now an update on the PDF. Basically I have given up on writting it - I have had so many ideas from magicians that it was turning into a 100 page project and would have taken months to write and proofread and I just don't have the time. So instead next week I am going to go over to Dave's rehearsal studio and we are going to film a 30 minute add on to the Chop DVD. This is going to include bonus routines, bonus moves, ideas from very big names in magic and much more. This is then going to be put on the WMS site as a free download so that you can download it and watch it straight away. It's my way of saying thanks for your continued support. When you guys see some of the moves and ideas you can do with a gimmick you already own you will be blown away. Many people said we should release this on DVD and charge but both Dave and I would rather you have it for free as a thank you for buying Chop.

I'll keep everyone updated on here and through the Wizard Product Review but we are looking at about 2 to 3 weeks before it goes live for everyone.

Thanks again guys and if I haven't got to your pm I will do in the next 24 hours.

Craig.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:24 am 
born to perform.

EZrhythm wrote:
This update from Craig;

Hi guys.

I have managed to get to most of the pm's but anyone I haven't replied to I will do so by tomorrow. Firstly I want to say thanks once again for the continued support of Chop - I am so glad that you guys have enjoyed this effect so much. I was at the Bristol Magic Convention yesterday and I had so many people come to me and say they use Chop all the time in their act. Thank you everyone for your support.

Now an update on the PDF. Basically I have given up on writting it - I have had so many ideas from magicians that it was turning into a 100 page project and would have taken months to write and proofread and I just don't have the time. So instead next week I am going to go over to Dave's rehearsal studio and we are going to film a 30 minute add on to the Chop DVD. This is going to include bonus routines, bonus moves, ideas from very big names in magic and much more. This is then going to be put on the WMS site as a free download so that you can download it and watch it straight away. It's my way of saying thanks for your continued support. When you guys see some of the moves and ideas you can do with a gimmick you already own you will be blown away. Many people said we should release this on DVD and charge but both Dave and I would rather you have it for free as a thank you for buying Chop.

I'll keep everyone updated on here and through the Wizard Product Review but we are looking at about 2 to 3 weeks before it goes live for everyone.

Thanks again guys and if I haven't got to your pm I will do in the next 24 hours.

Craig.

Sweet..This is why Craig is the man. I get everything he puts out.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:50 am 
Penguin

He's like the opposite of Ben Harris *cough*silent running 3*cough*

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:45 pm 
born to perform.

BathTub wrote:
He's like the opposite of Ben Harris *cough*silent running 3*cough*

Haha I agree! If Ben Harris wasn't in it for the money he would've just put out Silent Running, then offered the other contributions for free or at a small price AT LEAST after a year of its release. Not a huge fan of him... :wink:

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:34 am 
born to perform.

Again from Craig;

To keep everyone updated here are some of the highlights which will be included on the add on to Chop -

- Maintainence and Repair of the Gimmick

- Two new routines including a transpo routine that will blow you away

- A brilliant version off Chop by Russell Leeds that I think is amazingly clever

- 6 new moves by some very big names in magic

- 3 new sequences again by some great contributors

- Several ways to end the effect if you do not wish to go for the lemon finale

It should be available to download for free next week or at the latest the week after. Any questions let me know and please keep the comments coming!

Craig

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:58 am 
born to perform.

EZrhythm wrote:
Again from Craig;

To keep everyone updated here are some of the highlights which will be included on the add on to Chop -

- Maintainence and Repair of the Gimmick

- Two new routines including a transpo routine that will blow you away

- A brilliant version off Chop by Russell Leeds that I think is amazingly clever

- 6 new moves by some very big names in magic

- 3 new sequences again by some great contributors

- Several ways to end the effect if you do not wish to go for the lemon finale

It should be available to download for free next week or at the latest the week after. Any questions let me know and please keep the comments coming!

Craig

Craig, Will this be for anybody who got the chop D.V.D from any magic store? Or just the World store? If it is then how will you keep the guys that dont have the d.v.d from looking how its done? I got the D.V.D chop but from here in the US. I hope I will be able to get the free download.
Thanks again for putting out great stuff.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:45 pm 
born to perform.

I believe Craig mentioned that it will be free for all Chop owners.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:38 pm 
Verified VIP

Hey Guys

How you all doing in Penguin Land!!!

I am filming this with Dave tomorrow so we are hopeful to get it available this week to download (at least if Dave can stop levitating Karen for more than 2 minutes!!!!)

It is going to be free for all Chop owners to download from WMS. Basically we will put it up on the site as a password protected download. You just add it to your cart (don't pay for it) and then it's sent to you. The password will be something related to the CHOP DVD so all legit owners should have no problem.

I hope you enjoy the extra material - please let me know.

Also Acar has given me access to the Chop forum here at Penguin so I am going to be hovering around on there as well.

Finally on the WPR this week - I am giving something VERY COOL away for free. So make sure you watch this weeks show as I am sure you will be happy.

Thanks again guys

Craig

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 2:00 am 
born to perform.

More from Craig;

The worldwide Chop shortage continues!!!! The other day I was in Wizard FX HQ and I Jim Trainer with his hands covered with black ink surrounded by Sharpie Markers. He looked over at me and said (with a crazy look in his eyes) I HATE CHOP!!!!

I think that means he's busy at work making up more gimmicks for Murphy's but I didn't want to push the point as I was afraid he was going to kill me!!!

Anyway Dave and I are filming the add on to chop tomorrow and I am really excited to see what you guys think of the extra material. I have the filming schedule in front of me and it should be about half an hour of solid material that you will be able to straight away as you guys will already have the chop gimmick.

Any more questions just let me know.

Thanks again for you comments and interest

Craig

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 10:26 am 
born to perform.

When will the free video of the Chop come out to us that have chop?

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:22 pm 
Penguin

I am not sure if I am allowed to ask about other sites, however since penguin not have Chop in stock would anyone else know any other places to get it and/or when penguin will get Chop back in stock?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next