Review of Photosynthesis by Andrew Maynehttp://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2507
Noticed penguin is starting to sell it. I bought it direct from Andrew Mayne. I thought it was suppose to be limited release? I guess not anymore
Now pros/cons of this
- I think price is great. Good value
- DVD is pretty good. Andrew Mayne has put out some less than good dvds, but this is good.
- Handlings taught are good. Nothing too fiddly
- Self contained (for some handlings, not for signed Card photo, that requires a “load”)
- Gimmick looks good and is reusable.
- Good revelation that can be applied to lots of things.
- Some handlings require an inside breast pocket (i.e. suit jacket) to do smoothly for the “load” for signed card. While not entirely necessary, it’s required for the best handling and for what is taught on the dvd
- I can see the photo becoming very tattered and worn after some time and you may have to buy a big one
- MAJOR CON!! The thing doesn’t work all the time. You need to consider temperature. I feel this is ok to say (not revealing secrets) because on the dvd Andrew Mayne even recommends using the patter line of “heat sensitive Polaroid” so your spectators will help u heat it up. Its winter here, and my hands are not warm enough to make it work, not even in the day. However it works on my belly. I guess some people will have warmer hands than others naturally. This thing will probably only work in a certain temperature range which i’m yet to discover exactly what that is.
Overall its pretty worth getting considering the price is low. Only limited by temperature.