View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I.D. - Quantum Bandits (AKA Crazy Man's Handcuffs)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:28 pm 
born to perform.

Quantum Bandits (AKA Crazy Man's Handcuffs)

Effect - One of the best impromptu penetration effect around. 2 rubberbands are held with the index finger and thumb of each hand, then magically they penetrate each other.

Difficulty - The move is actually not that hard, but it's kinda tricky with rubberbands. I took me about 3 days to get down perfect, but I know a guy who got it in 1 day. 7.5/10

Teaching - Oz did a great job teaching this, it's really tricky, so you'll probably still have to watch it a couple of times. By the way, the move itself is basically uncatchable, you don't even have to do it extremely fast. 9/10

Practicality - Anytime, anywhere, as long as you have 2 regular rubberbands with you. I have them around my wrist all the time, I've got to have done this 100's of times. 10/10

Reactions - The reactions are always great, the impromptu nature of the trick adds a lot. 8/10

Price - it's $6.95, I think it's a bargain, worth every penny.

Overall, I give it 8.5/10, impromptu, visual, very good effect. Highly Reccommended!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:43 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Good review, and definitely on my top 10 overall favorite impromptu effects. Always have two rubber bands around my wrists.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:34 pm 

I do an extended version of this routine with a few of my original moves added in. It's one of my top effects because of it's impact. I do it everywhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:00 pm 
Penguin

i like to do this by pulling out a handful of identical rubber bands (10or11) then i say "pick two for you and two for me". then i say do as i do and say something somewhat simalair to what they say in the demo vid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:57 pm 
Penguin

Nice review. “Quantum bandits” is very practical and I use it all the time. I like to blow on the bands when I show that it penetrated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:53 am 
born to perform.

For people that may get confused...

Quantum Bandits= Crazy Man's Handcuffs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:55 am 
Emperor Penguin

I love this effect, and I used to perform it all the time at school when someone would ask me to show them something. But I don't wear rubber bands on my wrists anymore, so I hardly do it at all. I should invest in some more rubber bands, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:23 pm 
Penguin

adjones wrote:
I love this effect, and I used to perform it all the time at school when someone would ask me to show them something. But I don't wear rubber bands on my wrists anymore, so I hardly do it at all. I should invest in some more rubber bands, though.

i found this kinda funny
"i should invest inm some more rubber bands" ...lol there cheap and can find them on the floor or steal them from teachers (or ask for them)....

anyway i agree with you, its a great trick for school, because its quick, its visual, and it uses everyday borrowed objects...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:39 pm 
born to perform.

nickyd8 wrote:
adjones wrote:

i found this kinda funny
"i should invest inm some more rubber bands" ...lol there cheap and can find them on the floor or steal them from teachers (or ask for them)....

anyway i agree with you, its a great trick for school, because its quick, its visual, and it uses everyday borrowed objects...

I'm pretty sure he meant that he wants to invest in learning more rubber bands tricks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:38 pm 
Emperor Penguin

No, I was being sarcastic. I know they're not expensive, I just said that 'cause it sounded funny. But I would like to learn some more rubber band magic, though.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:09 am 
Penguin

nickyd8 wrote:
adjones wrote:

i found this kinda funny

That's definitely right man.. Certain students in my town do a lot with that trick.. They pretty enjoying doing that kind of stuff.. :o