View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: What is your favorite deck of cards?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:41 pm 
Penguin

What's your favorite deck to use?

Right now I'm rockin' Red Circle-Back Tally-Ho's.

I used to love Bicycle's, but since I got my first pack of Tally's, I just love them more and more, and Bike's now feel kind of weird in my hands. I still like Bike's, but I'm liking Tally's better. And I prefer the red ones.

So what is your current favorite deck? (It doesn't have to be one you own).

Post subject: Re: What is your favorite deck of cards?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:54 pm 
born to perform.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:07 pm 
born to perform.

famous akira fist review :)

i usually use bikes, though tally hos are nice and i do have a deck of deck ones; i really like the box considering how much more damge it can take.

bicycle needs to make cardboxes thick as deck ones

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:12 pm 
Penguin

akirafist wrote:

Llol, that was silly. But cool, I was wondering about them too, so I'm glad you posted the review.

I haven't really had the pleasure of getting my hands on any "special" decks. (I mean, the closest thing would probably be the Dragon-Back Bike's).

jonathan_thegreat wrote:
famous akira fist review :)

i usually use bikes, though tally hos are nice and i do have a deck of deck ones; i really like the box considering how much more damge it can take.

bicycle needs to make cardboxes thick as deck ones

How do the Deck One's feel? In comparison to Tally's or Bike's?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:07 am 
born to perform.

Awesome review akirafist! I have a question though, how thick is the deck compared to Bicycles? I know most of the "special" decks are thicker but I was wondering about the Arcanes in particular.

As for my favorite decks, I like the design of the fan backs overall and use them the most. I'm also quite fond of my Wynns since they feel great and have gotten fairly rare.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:39 pm 
Penguin

TeKNoSTyLeZ wrote:
Awesome review akirafist! I have a question though, how thick is the deck compared to Bicycles? I know most of the "special" decks are thicker but I was wondering about the Arcanes in particular.

As for my favorite decks, I like the design of the fan backs overall and use them the most. I'm also quite fond of my Wynns since they feel great and have gotten fairly rare.

I've been wanting to get my hands on some Wyns, just to see how they feel. And yeah, I was planning on picking up some Fan backs next time I order something.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:17 pm 
born to perform.

TeKNoSTyLeZ wrote:

Actually bikes are an average thickness. Probably 1/2 the cards I review are thicker, 1/2 are thinner. Even Tally Ho cards a a touch thinner than a Bike.

My favorite depends on what I am doing.

Walk around, in hands stuff, and for flourishing I like Fourniers.

http://vimeo.com/21137747

For table magic and gambling demos I prefer either a Richard Turner Gold Seal or a Bee Aristocrat.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:23 pm 
born to perform.

well deck ones are alright, they still fan good even after being used constantly. id say they last longer than bikes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:01 pm 
born to perform.

Steamboats.

By a LARGE large margin. They've got a sturdy plastic-y feel to them, kind of like a hybrid between KEM cards and Bikes. Faros very nicely, and doesn't present any of the usual rough edge problems most other decks do. In fact, I've never met a single magician who did not instantly like these cards.

They've since been discontinued by USPCC, and are becoming increasingly difficult to find. However, there are large private reserves available if you know who to ask...

Cheers
Ted

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:15 pm 
born to perform.

For performing: a regular deck of Bicycles.

For practicing/anything else (besides card games): Bee Erdnase

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:15 pm 
Penguin

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on some Steamboats.

I don't think I've ever used KEM's though, so I don't know how they feel.

I bought a pack of Streamlines the other day. They're really weird. They feel like Bikes or any other card, but they're plastic coated, and really thick.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:19 pm 
born to perform.

porcupine wrote:
Steamboats.

By a LARGE large margin. They've got a sturdy plastic-y feel to them, kind of like a hybrid between KEM cards and Bikes. Faros very nicely, and doesn't present any of the usual rough edge problems most other decks do. In fact, I've never met a single magician who did not instantly like these cards.

They've since been discontinued by USPCC, and are becoming increasingly difficult to find. However, there are large private reserves available if you know who to ask...

Cheers
Ted

I bought a couple packs of Steamboats as a souvenir when the Titanic exhibit came to my town a few years ago, didn't know they were discontinued. I really like the plastic feel, but the edges of mine feel a little rougher than other packs.

Finally got my hands on some Deck Ones and I think they might be my new favorite back design. They handle pretty well too.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:54 pm 
born to perform.

porcupine wrote:
Steamboats.

Cheers
Ted

Well said....Didn't get my vote in this thread because they are off the market. Single worst thing USPCC ever did. :cry:

They are on my list of "Immortals!"
and if Chris Beason ever gets around to sending me my decks.....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:11 pm 

I don't "manipulate" cards as much as the rest of you, preferring more self working effects, so I go for looks rather than feel. As long as the feel is close enough, it's good enough for me.

My favorites just for visual appeal are the red (almost maroon) David Blaine Split Spades.