View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: hey hey.
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:57 pm 
Penguin

OMG yay first post...just kidding..
I wanted to say hello and let you know about my interest in this fine art. I'm in my early twentys and always had a interest in magic, since the television specials of the nineties and the first live magic show I went to, probably about 1995, and a couple of years ago david Copperfield- enjoyed the show, bit too short though, and expensive. Anyhow my actual career couldn't be further from magic, but i would say i'm just playing around with it for now with no intentions of performing for money or anything.
Some how I came across with website maybe a month ago and have been lurking ever since. I placed an order and it shipped to Australia in only 4 days and significantly cheaper than a retail magic store. My skill level is 1.5/10
purchased-

Invisible deck- Have trouble separating the cards, works best with a light touch from the corner, or I found telling the spectator to watch the left side of the spread while i bring the chosen card out from underneath the right side.

Extreme burn 2- Our money is different colours, sizes and has plastic windows on the notes...and its not paper..Was proving difficult to create the trick, so I tried the mag clippings...still not that great....solution? go to currency exchange and get american dollars...and just write it into the show. I'm still playing around with this one.

Crazycube- Seems like I need quite alot of light to pull this one off.

Toosh- Havent played with this effect yet, the guy on the dvd was a little mellow but I look forward to giving this a go.

Born to perform card magic and triumph- Two super cool dvds, worth the price for the entertainment value alone, honing the skills will take time.

Sponge- Fun dvd, would buy another one for my cousins 10-12 birthdays.

I'm thinking about getting Photosynthesis by Andrew Mayne, wondering if you could make a spider web appear on the photo and then perform a variation of lance burtons 4 cards spider on hand trick!

I'm sure I will place another order by the end of the year, perhaps after i get some of these moves down. I guess I'm looking for visual easy to do tricks, also i have a problem with my hands which makes them quite weak especially when cold. :(

Thanks, I'll be posting reasonably often!