View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Ted Lesley marking system
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:40 am 
Penguin

Hey there,

I'm going to be short because i'm sleightly frustrated at the moment...
I just bought the Ted Lesley's marking system sheet and.. we'll... it's not really sticking....

Although it let's go of the plastic it's stuck unto, it never sticks strong enough to the card to fully let go of the plastic..
I tried gentle rubbing, strong rubbing and card damaging rubbing(using a test card)... it doesn't work...

am i doing something wrong? it's not that i'm not using the correct side, because a few times it did work if i would peel the plastic sideways and using a hobbyist knife to keep the mark at its place while i pull the sheet away....

help?

Post subject: Re: Ted Lesley marking system
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:47 pm 
born to perform.

Too late now but had you asked before you bought I'd have recommended either a premade marked deck(like David Blaine's) or that you check out "The Score" or "Blood" marking systems from Daniel Madison. Both of those use more reliable techniques.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:24 am 
Penguin

I've found a few tips, non of them really worked or were acceptable options... one of them was rubbing steel wool onto the cards before sticking it on... this would damage the cards too much, making it completly unusable...
Quote:
Here are some suggestions of how to apply these transfers:
  • If you find your sheet is sticky and symbols stick to your fingers and easily come off, then take the product out of the package and remove velum backing paper and allow the sheet to air dry for a day in a cool dry area.
  • Cut the sheet into sections. This allows two things, first it's easier to manage a smaller part of the large sheet, and depending on which system Boris Wild or Ted Lesley layout you like to use its easier to only have what you need in your hand. It also keeps unwanted marks from becoming messed up while working with what you want.
  • Use a hard table with a sheet of wax paper about 18" X 18" under the card. The marks seem less wanting to stick to the wax paper.
  • If the symbols do not stick well on the card use steel wool on the card before applying them.
  • After the marks are on the cards apply fanning powder to get rid of any stickyness on the marks.

thinking of getting an ultimate deck or something... don't know about "The Score" or "Blood" marking systems... are they for bycicle decks?.. i don't want to use different back designs... it would make the cards suspicious in my routine (i'm also using hand drawn cards with bycicle back designs)

Still... annoyed by the buy... to make it worse... somehow i've lost the receipt..... ARGH!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:51 pm 
Penguin

Ok then, went back to the shop... shop took back the ted lesley system... money back.. bought an Ultimate deck... price still smoothing out through my system... but probably going to worth it..

People buying Ultimate deck... no problem?... it's hard to look objective when you know where to look.... and it's very obvious to me....