View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Ricky Gervais
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:48 pm 
Penguin

KrisDeagle wrote:
Science cannot prove disprove any theories from the Bible.

By reason your statement is correct. Reason tells us nothing can be proved or disproved. However reason tells us that the stories in the bible are high high (if only I could write highly over 100 million times) unlikely.

Anyway, back on topic...

Ricky Gervais is the man. I'm from England so I remember watching The Office when it first came out on TV in 2001, I always couldn't wait to watch the next one and it's still my favourite sitcom of all time. I've seen all of Ricky's stuff, and all of Steven Merchant's and Karl Pilkington's. They've got a new sitcom coming out soon staring Warrick Davis called 'Lifes Too Short', look out for it. Also if you like Gervais then sub the channel Plumplard on Youtube.

Pauldela

Post subject: Re: Ricky Gervais
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:56 pm 
Penguin

In response to all the flood nonsense:
1.The most logical explanation is that God had nothing to do with it, because God(s) doesn't exist (you see what I did there?) that the flood only covered a very small portion of the earth (the part where the people were living), and the story was exaggerated to cover the whole world, and associated with god. There are many stories from around the same time which depict a similar flood (The Epic of Gilgamesh, I'm sure has already been mentioned, possibly even by me, so it is likely that there really was a flood.) The idea that it covered the entire Earth and had anything to do with god is just ridiculous.

2.Science's job is not to disprove things, it is to take hypothesis' and find as much information about them as possible that tells us that they are true. These, then become theories, which are held as (scientific) fact (meaning that until a theory comes along with more credibility, they are known as truth.) Science cannot 100% prove anything, and never has (then again, it has never really been the goal of science). Science just gives us a better understanding of what we already know, and what we didn't know.
(give or take a few points in there. I'm not a scientist, nor have I done a lot of study on scientific matters.)