View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: A Not Goofy Looking Change Bag
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:12 pm 
Penguin

I use a change bag quite often, the only problem being it looks... "goofy". Although I've introduced reasons into the routine for having an upside down christmas hat in my hand; can anyone suggest a classy looking bag that looks normalish...

I've seen ziplock change bags but these aren't really suitable for me, I want a one handed more traditional style of change bag: just one that doesn't look like a christmas stocking!

Post subject: Re: A Not Goofy Looking Change Bag
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:54 am 
Penguin

If you have one, why not look at it's design and make one yourself? You'll be able to pick the fabric and everything, customizing it to fit your persona. I've made a few of my props now, and I can tell you that you will value them more than any other product your purchase.

-ArchAngel_G

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:22 pm 
Penguin

I know that there is the Change Cap, but I believe they stopped making it so you might have to buy soon. You could also just make your own square bag with a secret pocket in it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:47 pm 
Penguin

Could a simple square bag design be operated single handed? I really need a single handed bag.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:47 pm 
Penguin

SwankyG wrote:
Could a simple square bag design be operated single handed? I really need a single handed bag.

I'm not exactly sure of how you will present it, but yeah, I believe that it could be operate single-handedly. If you make a square bag with a flap in the middle, you can put one object in one side then pick up the bag so that you switch open sides.
I would suggest experimenting with it to see how to do it best.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:08 pm 
Penguin

I usually use my change bag in a mentalism routine with Rocky Raccoon: so I'm having audience members put slips of paper in the bag and then one spectator choose a slip; all the the time holding a wriggling raccoon...

I don't put the bag down, I suppose I could but I'd rather not. To me it's a moment where the audiences brains would think, even unconsciously, why did he put it down and pick it up again...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:19 pm 
Penguin

SwankyG wrote:
I usually use my change bag in a mentalism routine with Rocky Raccoon: so I'm having audience members put slips of paper in the bag and then one spectator choose a slip; all the the time holding a wriggling raccoon...

I don't put the bag down, I suppose I could but I'd rather not. To me it's a moment where the audiences brains would think, even unconsciously, why did he put it down and pick it up again...

You are right that putting it down would be suspicious. I think that it would be manageable to do it single-handedly and not putting it down using a bag similar to the one I suggested. If you hold the flap and one side of the bag together, folding the flap back to hide the extra bag, people can put their slips in. Then you use your fingers to grab the other side of the bag and use your thumb to switch the flap's side, I think you could get away with it. Plus, I'm sure that Rocky Raccoon can serve as plenty of misdirection during the move.
I hope those directions were clear.