View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: "Read my mind"
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:46 am 
Penguin

I look like I am reading their mind then tell them all I got was elavitor music (in other words there is nothing their) if don in a funny way everyone laughs and people don't ask again

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:59 pm 
Penguin

I have to deal w/ that a lot so.. I say Ewww dude That's gross!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:10 pm 
Team Penguin

beads70 wrote:
I look like I am reading their mind then tell them all I got was elavitor music (in other words there is nothing their) if don in a funny way everyone laughs and people don't ask again

I use the same line, always gets a chuckle.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:33 am 
Penguin

I give them this analogy;

'It doesn't really work like that let me give you an example, if you imagine yourself walking down a dark alley, you didn't know someone was following you and that person is about to steal your possessions. The reason it is so easy to take your things from you is because you are unaware its about to happen.

Now if you knew someone was following you, you were carrying a weapon and waited till exactly the right moment to turn around would that person be able to easily get your things from you?'

Let them answer the obvious answer is no.

'Because you are asking me to guess what's inside your head its on your terms, you are prepared for it therefore making it near impossible for me just as described in the earlier'.

One of two things happen here;

The subject will be happy with the explanation and leave.

or

You have set them up into a mind frame where the ball is back in your court and you are totally justified at this point getting them to write something down or back off with the pressure as you have just explained it will not work if they lock things out.

If the worst comes to the worst and they are still pestering you, tell them to close their eyes turn around and place their feet together. When they have done this whisper in their ear,

'I want you to think of anything in the world, don't say anything out loud and keeping your eyes closed staying in this position. Nod if you have a word, (they nod) now stay exactly still with your eyes closed and not moving till I say the word you are thinking of understand (they nod) it may take a minute or so for me to guess stay absolutely still and do not under no circumstances let anyone pester you in this process'.

Now you have done this wink at their friends, put your fingers on your lips as though to say to his/her friends to be quiet and then walk off. (don't look back)

To the rest of the people watching you whispered something in his ear he now appears stuck to the spot his eyes are still closed and he is not moving at all (you apparently hypnotised a big skeptic).

To the subject he is staying put because he thinks he has to in order for you to guess his word so won't move until you tell him to.

two birds one stone.....Then when he does move (I have seen someone stand for a good 5 mins before) let him claim he wasn't under, his friends will do your arguing for you and ask why the arrogant so and so didn't move and what can he respond

'Because he told me not to?'

you win :) and they say you cannot control minds pshhhh!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:34 am 
Penguin

depends on the spectator. If he/she is enthusiastic and just want to see another trick I explain that thought can be more easily read when more senses are aware of the thought. It's like being asked what your favorite movie is, your mind normally has a problem choosing. That's when I let them select a card from a deck and tell them what it is (by using a pass/force/marked deck/any other way). Again, I explain that by him/her seeing the card the mind can transmit stronger.
If it's someone who tries to catch me out I just sleightly look a bit disappointed at that person. Everyone remembers the disappointing look of their parents.. It always silents us up (It helps if your charismatic)

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 3:49 am 
Penguin

You're right I do have a night as$...

I've had a few women blush and scream that their friends told me. I laugh and move on.