View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:13 pm 
Penguin

The problem with Criss is that he sets standards that most magicians can't reach.
Laypeople will now want to see every magician levitate frmo one building to another, or vanish from a midair jump on a motorcylce, when it can't be done.

Post subject: Re: criss angel
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:16 pm 
Penguin

oztheozzie wrote:
wyattator wrote:
oztheozzie wrote:
wyattator wrote:
hungary2 wrote:
criss angel is the best magician and illusionist ever. and one of his best tricks was when he levitated from one building to another. I DONT CARE WHAT ANYBODY THINKS HES STILLTHE BEST.
DUDE, YOU ARE SO RIGHT!! HE IS THE BEST! I MEAN WHO ELSE CAN SEND A QUARTER RIGHT THROUGH THERE ARM? AND LEVITATE THAT FAR AND THAT HIGH? DEFENITLY NOT DAVID BLAIN HE SUCKS ON ICE!! AND THIS EMOTICONS ARE FOR PEOPLE WHO THINK DIFFRENT :evil: :x

Yeah, Angel's camera tricks is really better than Blaine doing real tests of human endurance. :roll:
they are not camera tricks you cant tell bc the screen will turn black for not even close to a second

First of all, if you really believe he doesn't use camera tricks, then I'll leave you in the darkness. And even if they were real, you can't compare illusions(or in Angel's case camera tricks) with tests of endurance. They're two different things.
Okay, to clear things up, Number one, Criss Angel is not a magician, david Blaine is, JAy is, Oz is, Angel is an illusionist. :arrow: Number two, When you are an illusionist, a camera trick is normal. :arrow: Lastly, HE DOES USE CAMERA TRICKS!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:02 pm 
Penguin

Criss angel is like the best ever and like david blane like sucks so much like a lot lolz. Criss angel is like real magic and stuff and he doesn't use camera tricks even though the camra angle changes like 30 times... but i dont care cause im 15 and i know it all.

AND I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS.

(Yes, I'm being sarcasitc.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:25 pm 
born to perform.

Chris always starts a conversation, "we have never met right." it seems to me like he is trying to convince himself or the other magicians watching it. most lay people don't know about or suspect stooges and camera tricks. i do enjoy watching his show on occasion, but i know it has been said before, but, to you still in disbelief, Chris does use camera tricks. my friend showed me a video, and it took me a few minutes to realize it was an exposure vid. i thought it was one of his stunts(once i realized i had him turn it off (I HATE EXPOSURE!) ), but after the stunt was over, they were showing how it was done with CGI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:42 am 
born to perform.

oink wrote:
Criss is awsome.hes one of my idols, ne 1 who likes wut he does and is an inspiration 2 u say I!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe he could inspire His cult followers to learn some proper spelling...and grammar ? What's with all the Neanderthal speech?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:43 am 
born to perform.

00linc wrote:
Chris Angel is the No. 1 awesomest magician, I think hes awesome, if you have something to say you say it to all the other hundreds of billions of Chrisaholics!!!

Perfect Example... is Awsomest a real word? And Hundreds of BILLIONS??? LMAO...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:02 am 
born to perform.

Sailor15797 wrote:
oztheozzie wrote:
wyattator wrote:
oztheozzie wrote:
wyattator wrote:
hungary2 wrote:
criss angel is the best magician and illusionist ever. and one of his best tricks was when he levitated from one building to another. I DONT CARE WHAT ANYBODY THINKS HES STILLTHE BEST.
DUDE, YOU ARE SO RIGHT!! HE IS THE BEST! I MEAN WHO ELSE CAN SEND A QUARTER RIGHT THROUGH THERE ARM? AND LEVITATE THAT FAR AND THAT HIGH? DEFENITLY NOT DAVID BLAIN HE SUCKS ON ICE!! AND THIS EMOTICONS ARE FOR PEOPLE WHO THINK DIFFRENT :evil: :x

Yeah, Angel's camera tricks is really better than Blaine doing real tests of human endurance. :roll:
they are not camera tricks you cant tell bc the screen will turn black for not even close to a second

First of all, if you really believe he doesn't use camera tricks, then I'll leave you in the darkness. And even if they were real, you can't compare illusions(or in Angel's case camera tricks) with tests of endurance. They're two different things.
Okay, to clear things up, Number one, Criss Angel is not a magician, david Blaine is, JAy is, Oz is, Angel is an illusionist. :arrow: Number two, When you are an illusionist, a camera trick is normal. :arrow: Lastly, HE DOES USE CAMERA TRICKS!!!!!!!!!

First of all an Illusionist is a magician. Second of all... the only reason you say with an Illusionist a camera trick is normal is because Criss has gotten you to drink the kool-aid.

Camera Tricks are not a part of our art. If it is acceptable to even use one camera trick from time to time, to be an " illusionist." then I am wasting my time learning sleight-of-hand. I may as well learn how to operate a Camcorder, and some Editing software, then I can be just as good as Criss.

Whether Criss is good on stage I don't know. All I have seen fo his stage show is his Metamorphosis which in my opinion sucked. The Pendragons have him beat by a mile. As for his sawing himself in half without a box... David Copperfield already did the same thing in front of a live stage on TV... So not very original if someone already beat him to it.

He's an ok actor pretending to be a bad magician. Saying " He's not a magician, he's an Illusionist so it's ok for him to use camera tricks" makes zero sense. As I said, half his cult only believe this cause he got them brainwashed. If Criss took a dump, and filmed it, they would be " OMG He's so HOT!!! Best Dump EVER!!!! I bet it's the fastest dump on record!!! and I am sure it really smells like roses... He can take a dump on me anytime!!!.. did I mention he's HOT?" Ok except with more spelling errors and crappy grammar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:07 am 
born to perform.

Terrk wrote:
Criss angel is like the best ever and like david blane like sucks so much like a lot lolz. Criss angel is like real magic and stuff and he doesn't use camera tricks even though the camra angle changes like 30 times... but i dont care cause im 15 and i know it all.

AND I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS.

(Yes, I'm being sarcasitc.)

Know what is funny? I could tell right off the bat you had your tongue planted firmly in cheek... as with me, Not enough spelling errors, and your grammar is acceptable... lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:00 am 
Penguin

How let down were you guys when you first learned about CA using camera tricks?

I was trying to think of all the different elaborate million-dollar schemes, then I found out that he cut and edited his videos.

WOO, true magician :roll: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:03 am 
born to perform.

pingumagic wrote:
How let down were you guys when you first learned about CA using camera tricks?

I was trying to think of all the different elaborate million-dollar schemes, then I found out that he cut and edited his videos.

WOO, true magician :roll: .

I remember the first Criss Angel video I saw was him levitating from building to building... I did not have long to wonder though...cause everyone was commenting on the crappy video editing..the appearing and disappearing cloud... the sky going light then dark, then light... and how even though it was supposed to be a live camera shot he lands two times... in different ways...

Well that was enough for me.. CA went to the crapper for me at that point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:48 pm 
born to perform.

if i do a trick and some one brings up angel i bring up windows movie maker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:38 am 
Penguin

BRINGING THIS BACK FROM THE DEAD!!! I do like angel, because no matter what people says, he ENTERTAINS people, they may not be the paid people in his audience, but people around the world has seen him and enjoys watching his ILLUSIONS, not tricks, illusions (something that does not look logical...).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:58 am 
born to perform.

00linc wrote:
BRINGING THIS BACK FROM THE DEAD!!! I do like angel, because no matter what people says, he ENTERTAINS people, they may not be the paid people in his audience, but people around the world has seen him and enjoys watching his ILLUSIONS, not tricks, illusions (something that does not look logical...).

Generally bringing back a topic like this is frowned upon here. Especially when you aren't contributing a new argument to the discussion. Just figured I'd let you know.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:06 pm 
Penguin

If someone decides to be a Criss Angel fanboy, there's usually no reasoning with them. Either they will straight up deny that he uses camera tricks, or they'll make up some bass ackwards crap about how there's nothing wrong with faking all your effects and still calling yourself a magician.

"he nevr sed hez real HEZ AN ILLOOZUNIST!!! DUH!!!11" - People who know absolutely nothing about magic.

"he duz NOT use camera trix and i dont care wut you say" - People who aren't interested at all in what's true or false.

"duznt matter if he uses carma trcks he entertanes ppl" - People who have no integrity and think it's perfectly acceptable for Criss Angel to straight up LIE ON CAMERA just because he's Criss Angel.

In some people's eyes, Criss can do no wrong. I think the fact that most of them are about 13 and can barely type on a kindergarten level and don't even know enough about magic to know the definition of an illusion or an illusionist speaks for itself.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5