View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: i want to learn hypnotism
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:38 pm 
Penguin

is there anyway i can learn through dvd's, if so which one.

Post subject: Re: i want to learn hypnotism
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:48 pm 
born to perform.

First off, you do not need to post multiple topics, one is enough. Secondly, The Manchurian Approach is the dvd most often recommended here (at least from what I've read). You can find it here:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S11664

Enjoy.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:24 am 
born to perform.

What Bucky said. Just get it. You will realize that it is a bargain at $80.00. Even if you don't go full bore into hypnotism, the information you learn in that dvd set will help add depth to anyone who does mentalism and mental magic.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:23 pm 
born to perform.

Make sure to actually go out and do it after watching. Even if you screw it up, go practice.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:30 am 
Penguin

The dvd is a fantastic resource

I have just finished working on a new book 'The A-Z of hypnosis' written with 20 year hypnosis veteran Chris Lee (he was trained by the same man as Paul Mckenna)

Available here: http://www.lybrary.com/the-az-of-hypnosis-p-126165.html!

Enough about that anyway, hope everyone on here is well its been a while! x

Peter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:26 am 
born to perform.

Reading the new book right now. I'll let ya know what I think of it once I get a chance to digest it all. Peter also has some real practical techniques taught in his book Devious Realities. They are not actual hypnosis techniques(though they may induce a somnablist(sp?)) but they are very useful for performers who performers who want to give the impression of hypnosis. I used them for a show I did last summer where I didn't really want to take the time to do a full induction but I wanted to give the impression that that is what was happening. Anyways, using these techniques allowed me to stay with the hypnosis/suggestibility theme of my show without having to spend the time to actually hypnotize somebody on effects that didn't require hypnosis.

Another nonhypnosis technique that I have used is the out to lunch principle. I say some video footage of an actual hypnotist using Out to Lunch to convince a subject she was already hypnotized. Then he went straight into a handshake induction and actually hypnotized her.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:00 pm 
Penguin

I have purchased your book called SNAP! Peter Amazing work!!! Have you anything else planned for the future and what can I expect from your other works?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:38 pm 
Penguin

Hello AireM and thank you for purchasing my work :)

I am glad you are finding it useful; I see you have a couple of books out yourself and would be happy to give you my opinions if you send them my my ;)

I have a lot planned in the future, I have some amazingly breakthrough stuff with Chris Rawlins coming up and also Pablo Amira is releasing a book to help fund Africa's troubles which I have contributed in.

I will keep everyone informed!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:42 pm 
Penguin

actually the best way to learn hypno is to watch other preformers, make, up your own ideas and going out and doing them out on the streets in the really world!
thats what i do!
if it can work on the streets on random specs than it can work anywhere!
i havent read a book on hypno ever and i do live full hour shows!
thats whats great about it you tell them its gonna work they what it to work and it dose! the only thing you will ever need to know in the art is if the person dose not want it to work than it wont,and if they want it to work it will and it will work well only based on the fact of how good a preformer you are!
save your money and get out there and just do it!
well thats all i have to say!
thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:29 am 
Penguin

Agree fully with shockrock20!

I went and met Jay Noblezada, Joe Brogie, ALex Hendrick & the UK HeadHackers in Vegas where we watched/trained with them and now I perform professionally!

I'm actually coming out with a cheap DVD soon for anyone wanting to learn much of what they taught me & more

It's been titled "HypnoBasics" & will be out on my site soon: http://jonwayes.webs.com

Otherwise I HIGHLY recommend Jay Noblezada's HTG LIVE where they'll teach you street/stage hypnosis as well as some hypnotherapy & other cool things: http://htglive.com/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:08 am 
Penguin

Jay Noblezada has Zapped too :)

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/1886

Don't ask for my opinion...see the reviews :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:58 pm 
Penguin

Depends on what you want to learn and how far you want to go with it. Make sure you understand the laws around what you want to do as well. Here in America, the rules vary from state to state. I am a certified hypnotist through the NGH and IACPH. Even still, there are states where I cannot perform hypnosis because the act is illegal there. (You will notice that there are many NGH certified "guided imagery" practitioners in those states)

If you have any desire to learn hypnosis as a therapeutic tool, avoid any training that isn't live and with real people.

If you are just learning it for stage shows ONLY, those DVDs will probably help. I originally learned hypnosis by reading a book and then taking a deep breath and diving in. That book is expensive and hard to find, but it is called Tranceformations by Richard Bandler & John Grinder (not to be confused with Trance-Formations, a more recent publication by the same author.) It is actually a manuscript of a seminar on hypnotherapy.

Regardless I strongly urge you to make sure you know what you are playing with before going out and playing with it. Not because hypnotism is some big dangerous tool. (In fact, some of the biggest stage hypnotists I know believe hypnotism is BS. Here is a quote I heard recently. "If you have to hypnotise someone to do stage hypnosis, you are doing something wrong.") But because of the types of reactions and liabilities that can come with the territory.

Also, Lee Darrow has a book on stage hypnosis safety. You might check that out if it is still around.