View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: PureSmoke Review
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:06 am 
born to perform.

I'm sure you've already read reviews by other people, but this is what i think. I've been using it for a while now and feel I've tested it enough to make a informed review.

This is not the first smoke device i own (actually my 4th), but this is the best one. However it is not without faults.

Pros:
-Enhances any trick
-Fits every performance style
-Looks cool (Looks great indoors)
-Cant turn mentalism visual
-Price I think is reasonable

Cons:
- Outdoors if its super bright outside, you cant really see the smoke well. Basically there's no effect.
- If there is wind, the wind dissipate the smoke and you get very little or no visible smoke. This includes indoors spaces with strong air-condition systems or fans.
- The cable for the battery is very short. Basically its only long enough to put in your back pocket that is on the same side as the arm you put the gimmick in. This is a problem as if your sitting down alot, i feel like i may break the battery container. Be good to have a 15-20cm longer wire (which costs them nothing!) so that you have the option of putting the battery pack in the front pocket or the other back pocket. (I'm a fairly skinny guy and not that tall either, so just to give you an idea)
- Teaching download doesn't teach any ground breaking effects and is already available free anyway (what gives?).
- There's some noise if your performing at a quite area (not a problem normally, however it might be in some situations).
- I feel the sleeve pin and the wrist strap is not good enough. It could be better, cause i have a thinner wrist and it feels like it will fall out (its already on the smallest strap setting). Same as the Sleeve pin thing, you cant wrap it up tight enough. I had the smoke gimmick dislodge from my sleeve, retract up my sleeve and dangle at the back of my pants. Not good! Because of the shape of the smoke gimmick, the pipe thing is hanging down instead of up into the sleeve. (if this makes sense). So if it does dislodge it can retract up the sleeve.
- Your hands need to be quite still so you don't dissipate the smoke too much. If you dissipate it, you wont be able to see it as well.
- Comfort: its slightly awkward but not too bad actually. Much better than other gimmicks.

Overall:
This is not going to be that item that enhances all your magic because it is situational (not too bright days, still air, room with background noise). Though you still can use it most of the time. I think effect is still cool just on its own. Better than some other smoke devices i've used.

8/10

Post subject: Re: PureSmoke Review
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:58 pm 
born to perform.

Thanks for the review and description!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:57 am 
born to perform.

Great review by the way. I had this and then I sold it. I was not to happy with the noise it made. Not thats it bad but to much noise for me. I dont think that you should have to have alot of back ground noise just to cover this up. I never tryied it on any laymen but I did try it on my little girl and had the T.V. on and the dishwasher on in the back ground and all she can say was ( Whats that humming noise ) I will go with S2 now. That one makes no noise at all.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:20 am 
born to perform.

aces_up_41 wrote:
Great review by the way. I had this and then I sold it. I was not to happy with the noise it made. Not thats it bad but to much noise for me. I dont think that you should have to have alot of back ground noise just to cover this up. I never tryied it on any laymen but I did try it on my little girl and had the T.V. on and the dishwasher on in the back ground and all she can say was ( Whats that humming noise ) I will go with S2 now. That one makes no noise at all.

At a actual gig though. There really is no noise. You should have tried it. Just general people talking is enough. I found no problems, only when your sitting at home will it make noise. Even if they do hear noise, they doesnt really mean they caught you. Your producing smoke, they hear noise? Not sure if those two really correlate. You could just say its your phone or whatever if its a issue. Under a suit jacket coat its pretty quite.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:34 am 
born to perform.

Thanks for the info but I going with S2

I did not like the noise with PS. Any noise is to much for me.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:31 pm 
Penguin

my own ideas of Pure Smoke:

I have the pure smoke device for a while now. In fact i was really excited to have it.

At first you feel a little awkward when you first put it on. but after a while it feels ok. my own preference is the sleeve hatch rather then the wrist. for me the wrist wrap isn't comfortable at all. even when i had it really loose i didn't feel nice. also the problem i found was the the tube would get unattached from the wrap. when i have the sleeve hatch there is no problem at all.

also one observation:

it is not too good for stage or parlor. people just don't see the smoke at all. it is good for a smaller group of people, or you need to keep it pressed for longer and then it gets you 3 or 5 puffs at once...

i personally never had a problem with the noise. i alway talk while doing some effect so there is no way they can hear it. as some one mentioned before, the only way you can hear something is when you are at home.....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:27 pm 
Penguin

thanks for the good review, wanted to see a review of PureSmoke before I buy it..

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:49 pm 
Penguin

I like mine too...I just "wish" they would come out with the colored smoke that they mentioned "was in the works".