View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Closest thing to mind reading?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:02 pm 
Penguin

I wanted to make my Virgin post here to be a question I am trying to find an answer to. What is the closest effects to real mind reading possible??

Post subject: Re: Closest thing to mind reading?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:05 pm 
born to perform.

maybe muscle reading

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:12 pm 
Penguin

Muscle reading is a fantastic technique but I find its limited to its usage. I am looking for some sort of effect where the subject thinks of anything and you guess it I don't wanna use methods to get the information.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:29 pm 
born to perform.

AireM wrote:
I don't wanna use methods to get the information.

Then you would be a Psychic. All mind reading effects require a "Method." Muscle reading is a method, body language is a method, even out and out cold reading has a method. So please clarify your question. Are you interested in becoming a Psychic performer or a real Psychic? If you want to become a real Psychic I think you will disappointed to find out that they too are likely using a "method." And from the look of what charlatans I have seen...their methods are quite a bit less deceptive than the ones used by Psychic performers, magicians, and mentalists.

P.S. Not trying to sound harsh. Just trying to clarify what you are after. Welcome to Penguin! I'll be happy to try to help as soon as I figure out what you are after.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:04 pm 
born to perform.

eostresh wrote:
AireM wrote:
I don't wanna use methods to get the information.

Then you would be a Psychic. All mind reading effects require a "Method." Muscle reading is a method, body language is a method, even out and out cold reading has a method. So please clarify your question. Are you interested in becoming a Psychic performer or a real Psychic? If you want to become a real Psychic I think you will disappointed to find out that they too are likely using a "method." And from the look of what charlatans I have seen...their methods are quite a bit less deceptive than the ones used by Psychic performers, magicians, and mentalists.

P.S. Not trying to sound harsh. Just trying to clarify what you are after. Welcome to Penguin! I'll be happy to try to help as soon as I figure out what you are after.

I agree with eostresh. Everything requires a method. Muscle reading I think was a very good answer. Some will say NLP, but it is very unreliable as it is not a 100% system. Just go with conjuring methods and make it look like you're the real deal.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:53 am 
born to perform.

He mentions, "...closest effects to real mind reading" so I believe even though he wants to perform without methods he probably is looking for the simplest.

I recommend 13 Steps to Mentalism to at least get a grasp of the basics.
In addition, Peter Turner's, Devious Realities and Dare to be Bold have plenty of simple method mentalism you will absolutely enjoy.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:57 am 
Penguin

I already own devious realities, dare to be bold and the hypnosis book. I have two books published on the lybrary myself with straight fire techniques for begginer-intermediate mentalists. I guess I should clarify a little as it was a bit of a vague post. I don't want to be a psychic, I am just looking for something like a word reveal in impossible circumstances. I Have 13 steps and PMM. I want to be able to look at someone and guess a word they are thinking off without them writing it down or no dual reality. I love the idea of dual reality I am just a little scared to perform it, anyone any advice on the subject of that either?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:07 am 
Penguin

I am also in search of the same thing; as are we all Aire. You have come to the right place though! On here we have some of the most helpful people you will find.

Thank you for purchasing my work :)

I have a name guess that requires no need for a subject to write the name down and you have a sure fire out in case things don't go to pop (which happens rarely).

Any questions you have on fears of dual reality post as a new thread, it might also help others :)

I will do my best answer what I can.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:37 pm 
born to perform.

Okay well I'm still a tad confused as to where you are coming from. Apologies but the question sort of seems like a newbie question but then you say you are already published. So for all I know you have a lot more experience with this stuff than I? That said, I consider Peter Turner's stuff to be about as close to real as you can get. It certainly will look that way to your audience at least.

Another book you may want to get your hands on is Joshua Quin's ParaLies. It comes from a very different perspective but the end result is similar in that the spectator thinks of something and you tell them what they are thinking of. Nothing is written down. I'm referring mostly to his Chunneling technique. He also discusses some rather interesting Banechek techniques(I haven't read the source material on it yet) in which a word is written down and peeked but then he asks the spec to think of just one letter in the word. The performer then reveals letter for letter what the spec is thinking while they are thinking it. So if the word is "lighter" the performer says, "No just think of any one of the letters in the word." The spec thinks of the "T" and the performer says, "You are thinking of a T right?" Luke Jermay expanded on this idea as well and the effect that Peter mentioned(not released yet so I wont get into it) has a similar effect on the spectator but is even more devastating because name being thought of was never written down or peeked. He performed it on me and fried my brain!

So what you seem to be asking for is out there. It still requires methods, sometimes psychological and sometimes mechanical, but methods nonetheless. Doing prop free mentalism will never be easy. If it were....everyone would be doing it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:49 am 
Penguin

I know it involves a method (it has to) Eostresh thank you for your reply Peter and EZrhythm too.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:34 pm 
Penguin

yes musale reading is the closest thing to real mind reading!
oh and i been underestimateing metal year for a long time.
but there is so much ways you can use it! think drawing dup!
trust me if you can remeamber the list and just say it then i promise you it will kill and im meen it will kill hard!