View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Redemption VS Tool
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:53 pm 
Penguin

So iam thinking of bying some new tricks and Redemption by Chris Ballinger seems cool, but then i saw that David Stone had a similar efect "TOOL".. So can you guys help me out and say what is the best trick of the two of them ? Cheers from Norway

Post subject: Re: Redemption VS Tool
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:08 am 
born to perform.

A shout out to you in Norway!

There is no 'best'. It's mainly a matter of whether you want to use the card box to obtain he effect (Tool) or not use the card box (Redemption).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:21 pm 
born to perform.

well tool can do stuff redemption cant; load cards on to the deck etc...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:05 pm 
Team Penguin

I had the pleasure of trying out both of these products, and personally, my favorite was (and still is) Tool.

I find that with Tool, there is a lot more that you can do. The gimmicks have lasted me since I bought it (when it came out) and I use it on a really regular basis. Redemption is good, I just don't like it as much.

Hope that helps!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:42 pm 
Penguin

I have purchased both, and Tool is definitely the winner for me. For one, there are soooo many more possibilities with Tool. If you're the kind of guy who's even a little creative and likes creating his own effects, Tool is the obvious choice. Also, and maybe it's just me, I feel that Tool is a lot cleaner than Redemption. While Redemption "looks" very clean there's something about the method that just makes me paranoid that the audience is gonna see what's happening. Immedietly after you do "the move" you have to start mocing your hands to make sure your spectators don't see anything. My personal preference is Tool, but the out-of-the-box effects are not as strong. They're great, don't get me wrong, but I've created some killer effects that far surpass anything Redemption can do. So, if you're looking for a super versatile, clean, and practical gimmick, Tool is the one for you, but if you don't want to use your imagination and just want some good out-of-the-box routines, Redemption is the way to go.