View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Old Users.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:01 pm 
born to perform.

Haha I was never a common name, but its been a while since ive been on here..figured I would just say hey to the old faces and glare at the new ones. :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:15 pm 
Penguin

rynocerus wrote:
Haha I was never a common name, but its been a while since ive been on here..figured I would just say hey to the old faces and glare at the new ones. :)

Hey dude, I remember you.
You probably remember me as like bckid or panicatnabisco...or manicania...but please, please don't.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:07 am 
born to perform.

Ah yes, here we find the cake batter mixer that is the Penguin forums. Some members join the fray and spin around the bowl actively before being shot to the edges where no mixing blade could ever reach them. But there are of course those who end up stuck to the mixer. Tasty.

Enough analogies, I must instead offer you an apology for my absence from these forums. Although I know with little doubt that the stationary nature of my post count has not shaken anyone I look back upon this place from where I currently am with fond memories.

Acebrawlers video conferencing sessions (the precursor to anything you see out there today) with Uriel. Getting into spats (the argument type not the clothing piece) with Sirbrad knowing their would be no resolution. Writing essays about things I assumed I understood but now can see that I was ignorant of. Many influential usernames have become dormant over time and that is a pity.

Coming back here for the first time in what seems like ages is a troubling experience. Penguin Magic once seemed like the underdog. The little magic site that never made a deadline but was always smiling and giving you what you really needed in a magic product. Today I scroll down the homepage and am gather the memories of "E" with a brighter color scheme. Far to commercialized and with that I farther away from Acar and Maxwell.

In case anyone was wondering I now work solely as a balloon entertainer. I simply found hiding behind the barrier of secrets and deceit far to restrictive on my personality with an audience. That is not to say that I do not still find quarters in childrens ears on occasion but I think that is more out of nostalgia then anything.

As always,
Dylan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:04 pm 
Penguin

This is probably my fith or sixth account now, but I first joined about 5 years ago on an account I don't remember, but the account I used for the most was Pauldela (with one 'a').Met some amazing people on here so long ago, i'm now 20 years old and not too far of 21.

Yeah sorry Drew if you remembered me in a bad light, you've always been a true penguin, first EP!

Acebrawler was one of my favourites, his posts were great and the videos was amazing, such a smooth slow to his magic. I remember loads of you, had so much fun on these forums when I would have just been bored. I need to start doing a bit more magic again.

Oh yeah, have to say it... HARLEYBOY.

Pauldela

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:06 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I am still around, as I said in another thread, I still come here occasionally, although I pretty much retired from posting as I got tired of all the crap and it was a lot of wasted time. I miss the old days though when magic discussion was more relevant. I design costumes full-time, and have for the past few years, and still do magic part-time seasonally. But it is tough to do both. I might post here occasionally again if I get time as I do miss the magic discussion. I still order from Penguin as well when needed, just placed an order today actually. Feels good to be back home at my first magic forum which I found 9 years ago..."I am sure I won't recognize all the currently active members, as most older members probably moved on as usual, or don't post as much as they used to.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:45 pm 
Penguin

To be fair your costumes were amazing. I remember all the pictures you took of them, like the jason one.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:04 am 
Emperor Penguin

Thanks man, I guess that is why I sell so many lol. My work has improved a lot and continues to improve, and I got a lot more on the way as I said. My work has also been featured on DVDS including the Nightmare on Elm Street documentary, "Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy" You can follow my work on my youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/sirbrad4 Just added some recent ones as well and got lots more in the works!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:53 pm 
Penguin

Was never famous here but spent a good deal of time on these forums...about 4 years back. Names I remember: adjones, sirbrad, frijidpink (he still around?)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:38 pm 
born to perform.

frijid pink definitely is not around... for a loonnnnng time!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:38 pm 
born to perform.

Nope, no Frijid in here for quite some time but we do have BalukMagic! 8)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:26 pm 
born to perform.

Man, I have been gone for too long...I didn't notice that all these people where gone...haha.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:12 am 
born to perform.

So I went through 10 pages to see if anyone mentioned me, and found nothing. :( *Forever Alone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:02 pm 

There still is an unread pm towards Frijid in my outbox which was sent a year ago. I don't think he is still with us. Whether he is or isn't the absence of his presence is most definitely noticed.

How is everyone? A lot has certainly changed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:39 am 

Holy Key-Rap i just noticed that this month I will have been here for NINE (count 'em 9) years. As the frog says "times fun when your having flies!"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:46 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I also started reading here in Jan 2003. I am probably Frijid's closest forum friend, and we talked a lot espcially via pm. I have not heard from him lately but he got fed up completely a few years ago and said he would never be back. I used to have his email address but forget it. So I am not sure how he is as of now. I also left the forums mostly, and then returned for the occasional post. But the forum are nothing like they used to be during the "Blaine years". So I lost interest and no longer had the time to post like I used to.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next