View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Card magic dvd:s
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:56 am 
Penguin

Hi! I dont know, is this right place to this, but hope so. Well, i am really interested about magic, specially card magic and have already these dvd:s for ellusionist: Ninja 1-2, Crash Course 1-2 and Inside magic and Card Ninja for another seller. I am really liked these dvd:s and get many many good stuff. But i am read reviews and comments about these dvd:s and they are not received high rates. So what i'am asking, what is "good stuff", if these are not? Sorry my bad english, but hopefully you understand enough. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Card magic dvd:s
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:01 pm 
Penguin

I learned ALOT from Michael Ammar's "Easy to Master Card Miracles" volumes.

-ArchAngel_G

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:02 pm 
born to perform.

Ibracadabr47 wrote:
Hi! I dont know, is this right place to this, but hope so. Well, i am really interested about magic, specially card magic and have already these dvd:s for ellusionist: Ninja 1-2, Crash Course 1-2 and Inside magic and Card Ninja for another seller. I am really liked these dvd:s and get many many good stuff. But i am read reviews and comments about these dvd:s and they are not received high rates. So what i'am asking, what is "good stuff", if these are not? Sorry my bad english, but hopefully you understand enough. Thanks!

There great stuff I think, its what got me started. I would suggest you spend a lot of time with them, and master as much as you can. It should keep you busy for a while and give you killer material to work with. After that, check out Gregory Wilson's card magic DVD's. Like Card Stunts, Pyrotechnic Pasteboards, and Double Take. You'll learn a lot of practical magic from him. Also Oz Pearlman as great stuff on cards and a lot of other great magicians, but those are I think good follow up videos packed with great stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:37 pm 
born to perform.

ScottO wrote:
Ibracadabr47 wrote:

There great stuff I think, its what got me started. I would suggest you spend a lot of time with them, and master as much as you can. It should keep you busy for a while and give you killer material to work with. After that, check out Gregory Wilson's card magic DVD's. Like Card Stunts, Pyrotechnic Pasteboards, and Double Take. You'll learn a lot of practical magic from him. Also Oz Pearlman as great stuff on cards and a lot of other great magicians, but those are I think good follow up videos packed with great stuff.

I would recommend NOT getting greg wilson's DVDs until you are really comfortable with a deck of cards. You will get overwhelmed if you don't. I don't know how you feel about books, but I always recommend the royal road to card magic. Such a great book.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:01 pm 
Penguin

" I don't know how you feel about books, but I always recommend the royal road to card magic. Such a great book."

I have to say, preferably i think its easier to learn about DVD:s. Thanks about answerning, hope get more opinions.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:34 pm 
born to perform.

They mentioned their english isint that good; royal road would be a nightmare.

Oz pearlmans born to perform card magic is an awesome beginners dvd

Also check out some of sankeys earlier dvds :D learn some great effects plus sleights

and gregory wilsons dvds are good for anyone; just to watch him perform.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:53 pm 
Penguin

I am really interested about Born to Perform Card Magic with Oz Pearlman and probably get it. Is there some dvd for advanced tricks? Thanks for answerning!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:08 pm 
Site Admin

Someone mentione Michael Ammars Easy to Master Card Miracles, I would definitely look into some of these, I think Vol 1 and 2 would be a good place. He teaches you some great magic and is an excellent teacher. Many of the effects have a practice session done very slowly so you can follow along. Oz' Born to Perform has some good basic sleights and a few effects, but in my opinion you will get just more from Ammar's material.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:03 pm 
born to perform.

fcchief wrote:
Someone mentione Michael Ammars Easy to Master Card Miracles, I would definitely look into some of these, I think Vol 1 and 2 would be a good place. He teaches you some great magic and is an excellent teacher. Many of the effects have a practice session done very slowly so you can follow along. Oz' Born to Perform has some good basic sleights and a few effects, but in my opinion you will get just more from Ammar's material.
I second this. It was the Ammar Card Miracles DVDs that got me into magic. I got volume 5 on VHS as a present once and I was hooked. They're a little dated now but the tricks are timeless awesome material. I still use a number of these tricks in my professional walk-around set.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:04 pm 
Penguin

I started out with Vol2. Each volume comes with bonus effects that are absolutely killer. Vol2 had MacDonalds Aces. One of the best ace routines out there, in my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:38 am 
Penguin

What people think about Jeff Bride's World Class Manipulation Card Magic 3 DVD Complete Set Series and The Art of Card Manipulation Magic 3 DVD Complete set Series? Are these DVD:s worth buying? Thanks to good responses!

And have to add: Does anyone have experience ordering from these sites: http://themagicwarehouse.com and https://www.elmwoodmagic.com ? On these pages I found the cheapest dvd:s about Michael Ammars Easy to Master Card Miracles.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:15 pm 
born to perform.

Ibracadabr47 wrote:
What people think about Jeff Bride's World Class Manipulation Card Magic 3 DVD Complete Set Series and The Art of Card Manipulation Magic 3 DVD Complete set Series? Are these DVD:s worth buying? Thanks to good responses!

And have to add: Does anyone have experience ordering from these sites: http://themagicwarehouse.com and https://www.elmwoodmagic.com ? On these pages I found the cheapest dvd:s about Michael Ammars Easy to Master Card Miracles.

I don't have the manipulation DVD's but I ordered from both those two sites a few times before. There trust worthy sites with good products.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:29 pm 
born to perform.

Ibracadabr47 wrote:

Well, if you're wanting to learn Card manipulation (Fancy cuts, fans, displays and productions), yes, these DVDs are worth buying. If you're wanting to learn a bunch of card tricks to show friends, family, others (I'm guessing this is just a hobby for you at this stage) its probably NOT worth buying. It all depends on what you're looking for. But Jeff McBride is great and if you love his style and can see yourself doing that kind of thing - go for it..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:33 am 
Penguin

ScottO wrote:
Well, if you're wanting to learn Card manipulation (Fancy cuts, fans, displays and productions), yes, these DVDs are worth buying. If you're wanting to learn a bunch of card tricks to show friends, family, others (I'm guessing this is just a hobby for you at this stage) its probably NOT worth buying. It all depends on what you're looking for. But Jeff McBride is great and if you love his style and can see yourself doing that kind of thing - go for it..

Yes, Making a card tricks is truly hobby and i want to learn and clean card manipulation and want to learn a bunch of card tricks and show it people.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:07 am 
Penguin

I found couple of interested dvd sets and little thought to ask your opinions:

- R. Paul Wilson on the Royal Road to Card Magic 5 DVD Complete
- Daryl - Card Revelation & Ambitious card routine Magic 6 DVD Complete
- Marc DeSouza Master Works of Conjuring - Illusion Magic 4 DVD
- Gambling Protection Series by Steve Forte Card Cheating Learn how the cheats do
- Allan Ackerman - Advanced Card Control Series Magic Complete set of 8 DVD Series

So, what you recommended of these dvd:s. Should i get all those dvd:s or are we to get through some of the same things?

Thanks!