View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Card magic dvd:s
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:55 pm 
Penguin

I'm not gonna bother. Go with what your gut tells you. I've given the best advice I could.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:13 pm 
Penguin

Ibracadabr47 wrote:
I found couple of interested dvd sets and little thought to ask your opinions:

- R. Paul Wilson on the Royal Road to Card Magic 5 DVD Complete
- Daryl - Card Revelation & Ambitious card routine Magic 6 DVD Complete
- Marc DeSouza Master Works of Conjuring - Illusion Magic 4 DVD
- Gambling Protection Series by Steve Forte Card Cheating Learn how the cheats do
- Allan Ackerman - Advanced Card Control Series Magic Complete set of 8 DVD Series

So, what you recommended of these dvd:s. Should i get all those dvd:s or are we to get through some of the same things?

Thanks!

Allen Ackerman set is a great set to learn from. It teaches you everything under the sun when it comes to card moves. If you master everything on these 8 dvds you don't need anything else as you will be pretty much covered.

Steve Forte set I don't have, but from the video I've seen of him, he is advanced. Plus since this set is all about a gambling type of style, I'm not sure those dvd's would be a good buy for you yet.

Daryl Encyclopedia of Card Seights 1-8 and Ambitious dvds are awsome as he is a great teacher to learn from. But again if you buy Ackermans set you don't need Daryl's set because you are basically learning the same things, just from different people. You can't go wrong with either one.

The others you listed, I don't have so I can't comment. IMO, get what's already been suggested on this thread and that is Easy to Master Card Miracles vol. 1-9. Like others, it's what got me started in magic also, and I still use alot of that material to this day. Get that first, then worry about the rest later, because with 9 dvd's to learn from, you will have your hands full with that material alone. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:19 pm 
Penguin

Allen Ackerman set is a great set to learn from. It teaches you everything under the sun when it comes to card moves. If you master everything on these 8 dvds you don't need anything else as you will be pretty much covered.

Steve Forte set I don't have, but from the video I've seen of him, he is advanced. Plus since this set is all about a gambling type of style, I'm not sure those dvd's would be a good buy for you yet.

Daryl Encyclopedia of Card Seights 1-8 and Ambitious dvds are awsome as he is a great teacher to learn from. But again if you buy Ackermans set you don't need Daryl's set because you are basically learning the same things, just from different people. You can't go wrong with either one.

The others you listed, I don't have so I can't comment. IMO, get what's already been suggested on this thread and that is Easy to Master Card Miracles vol. 1-9. Like others, it's what got me started in magic also, and I still use alot of that material to this day. Get that first, then worry about the rest later, because with 9 dvd's to learn from, you will have your hands full with that material alone. Hope this helps.

Thanks alot about that. I Definetly will get Easy to master card miracles series and for others still need to be considered, of course, depends on the price.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:36 pm 
Penguin

Don't overwhelm yourself with material

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:32 pm 
born to perform.

Listen to ArchAngel! I made that mistake! If you buy too much stuff, you will be a guy who knows how many things are done, yet can do none of them. Get one of the DVD's, and master everything on it. I think every video mentioned covers multiple slights, so if you get frustrated with one, you can go to something else on that DVD....but don't go to another DVD. I am still playing catch up from when i had too much money and no expenses. I would recommend getting 1 and 1 only. maybe 2--but no more.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:51 pm 
Penguin

Thanks about awesome comments! a moment it seemed that I want all of the available material, but thanks to your comment, I paused for a moment to think about what I really need. And by acquiring Easy to Master Card Miracles series and meaby Allan Ackerman's series, I certainly less than currently required by the material. Thank you very much. You helped me to look at the in the long run about my hobby.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:38 pm 
Penguin

Hi again! I have one more question about fingers. All magicians what i've be seen, they have rather long fingers. Can fingers be too small to do card magic? I've noticed that at least some of sleight are hard to do with my small fingers. So, can fingers be too small to do card magic or it possible to do all the tricks with the short fingers and its just need practise? Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:15 pm 
Penguin

Just needs practice