View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:24 am 
Penguin

Hello everyone! After stopping in 2007, I have decided to get back into magic. Due to me being a poor college student, I need some extra income and figured trying to get a few magic gigs here and there would be great. My thing is really only close-up magic, but I've always tried to vary away from just cards. So what is new in the magic world? Are there any books/dvd's/effects that have came out over the past couple of years that I should take a look into? I have a lot of the older books, (royal road, Mark Wilson, card college, expert at the card table, Tarbell, ect...) and as much as I know books are a million times better than DVD's, I have enough reading to do for college. So what's good in the magic hood these days? I live and will be performing in Atlantic City, so are there any cool "gambling" effects out there? Anything cool for table hopping? Bars? Boardwalks? Also, I REALLY would love advice on where to look for Geek/Bizarre magic. Things like Blockhead, Dis Jointed, ect... I own Tomas Medina DVD already. Thanks everyone in advance.

Last edited by philliefan4life1 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:33 am 
Team Penguin

Welcome back!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:49 am 
Penguin

I highly recommend you look into the UCCU. It's more of a utility than just one affect, but from your experience it sounds like you'd greatly benefit from it.

-ArchAngel_G

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:24 am 
Penguin

Thank you for the warm welcome!

ArchAngel_G wrote:
I highly recommend you look into the UCCU. It's more of a utility than just one affect, but from your experience it sounds like you'd greatly benefit from it.

-ArchAngel_G

You just happened to find one of my favorite magicians ever, I will definitely look into that thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:11 pm 
Penguin

philliefan4life1 wrote:

ArchAngel_G wrote:

-ArchAngel_G

You just happened to find one of my favorite magicians ever, I will definitely look into that thank you!

I hope you mean Ammar. He's one of my favorites too, and in my experience only supports products of the highest quality.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:53 pm 
Penguin

ArchAngel_G wrote:
philliefan4life1 wrote:

ArchAngel_G wrote:

-ArchAngel_G

I hope you mean Ammar. He's one of my favorites too, and in my experience only supports products of the highest quality.

Exactly my thoughts. $40 isn't so steep when Ammar is involved.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:55 pm 
born to perform.

philliefan4life1 wrote:
Hello everyone! After stopping in 2007, I have decided to get back into magic. Due to me being a poor college student, I need some extra income and figured trying to get a few magic gigs here and there would be great. My thing is really only close-up magic, but I've always tried to vary away from just cards. So what is new in the magic world? Are there any books/dvd's/effects that have came out over the past couple of years that I should take a look into? I have a lot of the older books, (royal road, Mark Wilson, card college, expert at the card table, Tarbell, ect...) and as much as I know books are a million times better than DVD's, I have enough reading to do for college. So what's good in the magic hood these days? I live and will be performing in Atlantic City, so are there any cool "gambling" effects out there? Anything cool for table hopping? Bars? Boardwalks? Also, I REALLY would love advice on where to look for Geek/Bizarre magic. Things like Blockhead, Dis Jointed, ect... I own Tomas Medina DVD already. Thanks everyone in advance.

Check out the Wizard Product Review on YouTube. It's a weekly show done by the World Magic Shop in the UK that reviews new products. They have done shows every Wednesday for about 2 years now and it's a good way that you could get caught up if you happen to have a spare day in which you're not doing anything or a half hour here and there. A LOT has happened in the magic world lately.

I live in an AC suburb (Absecon if you've been in the area for long). If you have any shows planned or such be sure to shoot me a PM. Love watching local performers.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:27 am 
Penguin

tiggerkim wrote:
philliefan4life1 wrote:

Check out the Wizard Product Review on YouTube. It's a weekly show done by the World Magic Shop in the UK that reviews new products. They have done shows every Wednesday for about 2 years now and it's a good way that you could get caught up if you happen to have a spare day in which you're not doing anything or a half hour here and there. A LOT has happened in the magic world lately.

I live in an AC suburb (Absecon if you've been in the area for long). If you have any shows planned or such be sure to shoot me a PM. Love watching local performers.

Thank you for the recommendation I'll have to watch a couple of their shows. I actually live in Galloway so we're neighbors.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:29 pm 
born to perform.

philliefan4life1 wrote:
tiggerkim wrote:
philliefan4life1 wrote:

Thank you for the recommendation I'll have to watch a couple of their shows. I actually live in Galloway so we're neighbors.

LOL I live on a street perpendicular to the border between the two towns. That's insanely coincidental.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:32 am 
Penguin

Lol live on a street that is the border between the two towns, Gami '07