View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Penguin forums need...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:04 pm 
Penguin

Tapatalk support.

Is there anyway to make this happen? If you guys inquire and I send them a request to support you? I realize I dont have a lot of posts here but that's the reason why. I mostly browse webs and forums on my iPhone and that app makes it work so fluidly.

That's the reason I mostly post at E. they have that support. I have browsed these forums for years and enjoy the community here. Just the fact that the other forum is easier to post too is the reason I don't post or visit here as often.

Idk how many others feel the same way but I'm sure theres a few considering there's an entire thread on iPhone magic apps.

Post subject: Re: Penguin forums need...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:43 pm 
Penguin

I actually asked them on twitter just now. Haven't gotten a reply as I literally just asked. But then I noticed this on there timeline in response to someone else asking nearly the same question.

https://twitter.com/tapatalk/status/162163053272645633

I guess all you have to do is have them admin login to their site and it's free.

Please and thank you Penguin!
David

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:06 am 
Team Penguin

I hear you. And I checked it out. The idea is great, but if I understand it right they slurp all our posts into their system. with all the private information, even with the permission settings on our forums, I'm not sure how comfortable we'd be with it.

A safer bet might be to have a style sheet that simply makes it easier to interact with our forums on the phone/ipad.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:14 pm 
Penguin

Interesting. I never knew they did all that but it makes sense now that I think about it that they would do that cuz wouldn't forum settings be required to operate?

Thank you for checking it out though. You also mentioned a style sheet. What is that?

This may be somethin simple I'm just not aware of lol. But for some reason I have no idea what that is. I'd love to have an easier way to post here consistently though so I will give it a try if someone can tell me what I need to do

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:28 pm 
Team Penguin

The style sheet is just part of our website that tells your browser how to display pages. Colors, fonts etc. It's not something you need to know about.

I was only suggesting that maybe *we* should have a special mobile "style" for when you're on your ipad. I think it would solve your problems.

I'm putting it on my list of things to do :)

Acar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:22 pm 
Penguin

Thank you! I don't have too many problems with this site. T11 however is absolutely terrible on my mobile. It's frustrating because the forum portion is basically unusable. So Penguin already has a 1 Up on that aspect.

Penguin for some reason doesn't save my login info so I have to re login everytime (which isn't that big a problem it's just I'm tired of doing it for all the sites I use). But it would be nice to have an easy to use dedicated thing for mobile users.

Thank you for the response.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:55 pm 
Team Penguin

There's actually a small checkbox under your username password that says "keep me logged in" or something similar. Check that and you won't have to login for weeks.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:04 am 
Penguin

On my phone it doesn't stay logged in although on my comp it does. Confuses me as to why though

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:50 pm 
Penguin

In using Safari on the iphone, the Tapatalk app is so much better. Please reconsider. There are so many forums that use this site. That E forum is even on there...

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:10 pm 
Penguin

razemania wrote:
In using Safari on the iphone, the Tapatalk app is so much better. Please reconsider. There are so many forums that use this site. That E forum is even on there...

Agreed. BeDeceived is on there as well

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:03 pm 
born to perform.

It is the responsibility of apps to make themselves compatible with the websites they access, not the other way around. Take, for example, the apps Articles, Alien Blue and Forums: none of them requires the sites they access to modify their pages in order to work with them.

But, as Acar said, a mobile style sheet would be a pretty good idea. The LoadingReadyRun forums, for example, use this technique.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:25 pm 
Penguin

For anyone using Tapatalk, the Magic Bistro just added themselves to it. It is a GREAT magician forum. Much better than the Green Monster.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:27 pm 
Penguin

Lawboy wrote:
It is the responsibility of apps to make themselves compatible with the websites they access, not the other way around. Take, for example, the apps Articles, Alien Blue and Forums: none of them requires the sites they access to modify their pages in order to work with them.

But, as Acar said, a mobile style sheet would be a pretty good idea. The LoadingReadyRun forums, for example, use this technique.

Are you sure?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:57 am 
born to perform.

Very. I'm not an app developer, but I am a web developer.

I just had a read through the code that Tapatalk asks people to embed on their forums. All it essentially does is add its own mobile style sheet to the website. But it only takes effect if you're viewing the forum through the Tapatalk app, and if you try to view the site through a mobile device that doesn't have Tapatalk, you get harassed to install the app for a "better experience".

If penguin added their own mobile style sheets, then anyone could see the mobile version of the site, without or without the app installed. And they wouldn't be harassed to install a third party app when they do so. And they could be Penguin-branded, not Tapatalk-branded.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:55 pm 
Penguin

Acar - let's get Penguin on there. It's an awesome app. Check out the Magic Bistro on Tapatalk, they added their site within minutes.