View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: What's up with the Wizard Product Review
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:11 am 
Penguin

I don't think there was a show last week, and this week they just have a weird 38 second video of their empty couch? Any word on what's going on?

Post subject: Re: What's up with the Wizard Product Review
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:48 am 
Penguin

Unfortunately it looks like it's over for Petty and Penn. The Jeff McBride/Wayne Dobson incident got a bit out of control. Penn doesn't come across as the nicest guy in the world either :/

http://sleightly.com/blog/2012/02/07/wi ... s-calamity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:42 am 
Penguin

All I can say is wow! What a shame, especially since I always loved the WPR. But both Petty and Penn, especially Penn based on Dobson's later statement, acted foolishly on this one and I'm sure they'd give anything to go back in time a few weeks. Glad to see they apologized and hopefully all can move on. I'd love to see the show make a comeback but at this point, I'm not sure that'd be best for anyone involved.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:01 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I think they just suspended the show until everyone cooled down, and out of respect for their poor judgement. Also to show just how many supporters they have, and that even the haters need the WPR so they have something to do. They just need to stick to reviews and not resort to personal attacks, which is tough to do when you are passionate about an art, and assume that someone was ripped off etc.

They got too personal. Although it makes for a more entertaining show and displays your passion as a magician, it is probably best to just keep the show to reviews of the product as opposed to crediting accusations and personal attacks. It is not their job to save the magic world from the alleged thieves, but to review the products and state their opinions of them, and whether they think they are "rubbish" or "worker of the week." They just got carried away.

I saw no need to suspend the show, but I also see why they would do it as I said. But who really cares anyway? It is just a show with two guys sharing their opinions and neither are the last word nor gospel. I love the show.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:11 pm 
Emperor Penguin

justjammy wrote:
Unfortunately it looks like it's over for Petty and Penn. The Jeff McBride/Wayne Dobson incident got a bit out of control. Penn doesn't come across as the nicest guy in the world either :/

Kinda ironic that he posts a blog talking about thieving, and yet he stole my the pic that I took of Blammo barking mid-yawn, and posted on WMS's Facebook; and with no credit to myself. I should have his blog suspended.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:17 pm 
Penguin

Maybe they are just heading to Blackpool and did not bother to do the review this week.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:19 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Yeah that is part of it, but David also said he suspended the review until everything is sorted out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:39 pm 
Penguin

Well I hope they can work things out. The WPR serves the community at large and it would be a shame to see it end.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:45 pm 
Penguin

justjammy wrote:

Well everyone makes mistakes. I hope McBride and Dobson can find it in themselves to forgive on this one.

On a side note, that's a great blog you linked to. I've been reading through some of the past entries and I'm really enjoying it. The author always does a good job of trying to see all sides of an argument.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:05 pm 
Emperor Penguin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KofdMWXi ... AAAAHgANAA

I get it, the seats are empty because they are at Blackpool. Then next wed they will be full with lots of new, exciting magic to talk about.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:21 am 
Penguin

Wizard Product Review is back!! After the first review they briefly acknowledge they messed up a few weeks ago and say they are looking to get back to basics. Glad the show is going on!