View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: TT on the Street?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:32 am 
Penguin

I'm relatively new to magic and have a few effects in my arsenal, one of which is the T.T. I LOVE it and have gotten relatively good with it, though I'm still anxious about it being seen. It's hard for me to get comfortable with a gimmick that's often times quite literally, "right in the spectator's face."

Anyways, I want to start performing a little street magic here and there, and was wondering if the T.T. is used much for street magic, and if so, what routines are typically performed? How do I create a street performance with a T.T.? I have Darwin's Encyclopedia of T.T, so I know a lot of effects, but I can't figure out which one's to perform or what order to perform them in. You input to these things is greatly appreciated, thanks so much!

Post subject: Re: TT on the Street?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:46 am 

Don't fear the tip. You'll get a lot of mileage out of very little which is perfect for street work. Silk vanish is really all you need to know.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:08 pm 
born to perform.

And the dollar bill change

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:19 pm 
born to perform.

...And sugar vanish/appearance. (Carry those little packets and use the chemical sugar that's bad for you as it's not so sticky.)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:06 am 
Penguin

Hey all,
So I was thinkin' about what you all said, and I like those effects for sure, but what order do I perform them in? What else can I add? Please let me know what you think of this routine:

First - Disappearing/Reappearing Silk
Second - Disappearing/Reappearing Salt/Sugar **This can be done either w/ or w/o the silk. W/o the silk would require you to put the silk in the pocket while palming or hiding the TT in the other hand, and getting the salt/sugar out of the pocket with the other.
Third - Cut and Restored Rubber Band/String **After performing the Disappearing/Reappearing Salt/Sugar, put TT hand into pocket to get the Rubber Band/String and ditch the TT currently on your hand. Replace it with the prepared TT with the Rubber Band/String already loaded in it. Then, when you bring out the Rubber Band/String, you have the loaded TT on you and you're ready for the trick to begin.
Fourth - Signed, Disappeared, and Reappeared Dollar Bill - spectator signs a dollar bill, magician makes the bill disappear and then reappear from his pocket (or wherever the magician likes). **After the third effect, put the string back into the same pocket from which you got it from, ditch the TT with the cut string, and retrieve the empty TT you had before you started the third effect. Grab a dollar out to begin this fourth effect.

The Bill Switch is a great effect, but I don't know where to put it into the routine that would keep this routine fluid. I would have to add a TT, making it 2 in the pocket, 3 total (2 in pocket + 1 on thumb).

Any suggestions on this routine? Effects to add? Order change to make the routine easier for the performer or more appealing to the audience? I think the last effect is a good one to end on. Thanks for your help! :) I would like to add a few more effects to the mix - I feel this routine is a bit short, but I don't know...Thanks again!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:24 am 
born to perform.

Dont use the TT for all your effects. The more you use it the better chance they will catch it. Use it once and do a diff effect.