View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: "meLt" vanishing deck! by me:)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:26 am 
born to perform.

Hey Penguin Pals! After all these years kicking around here I finally had an idea worth printing!
Here is the demo

https://vimeo.com/38963524

It's another deck vanish....

You can get it at my new site

http://www.custom-playing-card.com/card-tricks.html

Lybrary

http://www.lybrary.com/melt-the-evoluti ... 51715.html

and another book site from across the pond, (and Myke is having a sale on it for the next day.)

http://mykephillips.co.uk/Myke_Phillips/Card_Magic.html

Last edited by eostresh on Wed May 02, 2012 5:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: "meLt" by....me!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:39 am 
born to perform.

CONGRATULATIONS ERIK, this looks FANTASTIC!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:22 am 
born to perform.

Thanks! It is a fun one. Been working on the vanishing deck plot for two years! Finally it all started to come together.

Cheers,
Erik

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:10 pm 
born to perform.

I was having a quick re-read and forgot that I had added a little gem in the book. If you find it first PM me and I will personally make you a gimmick for a D&D Smoke&Mirror v.4 Green deck. If you prefer a different deck you can also pick and choose from just about any of the decks that I have reviewed at my website.

http://www.custom-playing-card.com/best.html.

Good luck finding it!
Erik

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:44 pm 
Penguin

I will purchase this, but here's a few questions first:

1) How hard is the gimmick to make?

2) Will I need to go out and purchase the materials and if so roughly how much will it cost?

3) Difficulty level to perform this effect? How much more difficult is it to perform then Panic?

3) Lastly, how practical is this?

The most important question is number 2 and it would also be helpful if you listed the stores I need to visit to purchase the supplies since I live in Canada and not everything I usually need can be purchased locally so I need to order online. Keep in mind that there's no magic shops nearby.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:28 pm 
born to perform.

AdilMalik wrote:
I will purchase this, but here's a few questions first:

1) How hard is the gimmick to make?

Not hard but time consuming. It may take you an hour to build. Once it is built it is a pretty durable gimmick. If it ever gets dinged or banged up you, because you built it, will be able to fix it up pretty quickly.

Quote:

2) Will I need to go out and purchase the materials and if so roughly how much will it cost?

yes. Most of the stuff a magician will have on hand or be able to get with a quick trip to the store. Two particular items(that will cost about $5.00 total) will be trickier to find. I provide links to get these items. I considered mentioning them in the ad copy buy I was a little concerned about reverse engineering.... :oops:
Quote:

3) Difficulty level to perform this effect? How much more difficult is it to perform then Panic?

Easy, Hard, Very hard.

I provide descriptions of how to make three different gimmicks, each one more deceptive than the last but each one is also more difficult to perform than the last. Then there are the subtleties. The more subtleties you want to perform with the more difficult it will be to perform. Then there is the glory routine. That will take a good long time to practice! If you have ever seen Derren Brown's Zamiel's Rose...well that inspired the routine, Lornie's game. Anyone who has practiced Zamiel's Rose also knows that it ain't no picnic. And Lornie's game is probably more complex than that. Plus it climaxes with a pool ball production instead of a handful of rose pedals.

So in short, You could be up and running performing simple deck vanishes to climax an ACR within about a week but to learn every subtlety, gimmick, and routine in the book will probably take some time.
Quote:

3) Lastly, how practical is this?

Very practical. I carry one with me all the time and I never need to get "set up" to perform a deck vanish. I can just launch into it impromptu.
Quote:

The most important question is number 2 and it would also be helpful if you listed the stores I need to visit to purchase the supplies since I live in Canada and not everything I usually need can be purchased locally so I need to order online. Keep in mind that there's no magic shops nearby.
[/quote][/quote]

I'm going to go out on a limb and trust that your not just out to reverse engineer this, so I'll PM you the specialty items.

Cheers,
Erik

Last edited by eostresh on Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:08 am 
Penguin

You know, I was slightly disappointed by the first vanish, the hand in the pocket looked slightly clumsy, but then I watched the rest of the video, WOW! Really nice!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:34 am 
born to perform.

SwankyG wrote:
You know, I was slightly disappointed by the first vanish, the hand in the pocket looked slightly clumsy, but then I watched the rest of the video, WOW! Really nice!

Yep. I hear you. I caught a lot of flak from people who know more about demos than I do for posting an unedited clip from start to finish. I'll probably lose some sales over it but oh well....Everyone is always wining about wanting to see an honest demo. Well, That is what it would look like live, if you had one of those spectators who burn your hands from start to finish. If you don't think that is good enough for the kinds of audiences you perform for, or if you are not confidant that you can misdirect them during the ugly moments then you probably shouldn't get this e-book.....But at least I am upfront about that.

Cheers,
Erik

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:56 am 
born to perform.

I have meLt. I will do a full review once i finished reading it. Skimming through it though, looks pretty good, good angles. Just very time consuming to make the gimmick. Other than that looks fairly practical from a method point of view.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:43 am 
born to perform.

Just an FYI,

I am having a sort of "grand Opening" sale on this at my website. Kind of to celebrate the new website and the release of my first book. From now until Sunday (March 25th) I'll be selling this for $15.00. After that it will be back at the $20.00 rate.

http://www.custom-playing-card.com/card-tricks.html

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:22 pm 
born to perform.

Only one more day for the sale.

Cheers,