View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Bad Audio, OZ Perlman's recent LIVE lecture?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:06 pm 
Penguin

Hey magii, I purchased and d/l the OZ Perlman lecture. I tried both the d/l and the streaming version. The Auidio is very garbled and not understandandable at all.

I've left an Email with Cust. service, but no reply. So, I though I'd run it by here too, to see if anyone else is having these problems.

Thanks for any assistance.
D

Post subject: Re: Bad Audio, OZ Perlman's recent LIVE lecture?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:11 pm 
Penguin

I had a lot of trouble with streaming it live. The video kept freezing. It was really terrible. However, watching it now is fine. There are some minor hiccups in the audio but easily ignorable.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:29 pm 
born to perform.

Well I know they mentioned something about the tornado that was going on during the taping so I think he said something about thats why the audio was bad. But I crank the volume all the way up and its fine.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:01 am 
Emperor Penguin

Yeah this was my gripe with the lectures, audio is not good, black outs, freezes, and very poor lighting. They are the reasons I do not buy them. Streaming quality sucks usually. Too bad they were not high quality DVDS.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:56 am 
Penguin

Thanks guys for the info. I'll be a little more cautious when purchasing these lectures.

Best,
David

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:28 am 
Team Penguin

b737: If you can't understand the audio in the lecture, there must be something bigger going on. The audio may not have been exactly "CD-quality", but I think everyone else would agree, the audio in the Penguin LIVE lectures is almost always easy to hear and understand.

What is your computer setup? What software are you using to play the lectures?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:44 pm 
Penguin

I agree with Acar. The audio isnt top notch HD video quality, but it is still easy to understand. I have only had a couple of freeze moments when live streaming. 2 out of the 4 lectures this happened and as soon as I hit refresh it came back fine. This sounds like an issue more on the downloading side than on penguins... All my lectures have downloaded flawlessly!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:17 pm 
Team Penguin

I'd encourage anyone who's having trouble playing the downloaded lectures to download VLC media player. It's the most versatile player on the planet and very popular.

The most likely problem if you're hearing garbled audio, is that your computer has an old version of the "codec". Codecs are the internal instructions that tell your computer how to play audio/video files of various formats. VLC comes with really good suite of codecs.

I use it all the time.

http://www.videolan.org/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:13 am 
Penguin

hey folks. i did try vlc, it was still scratchy and garbled. I updated my codecs...no change. didn't matter if streaming or d/l.

I'm using win 7 Ultimate, have a fast machine i7 2600k etc.

I tried, Media Player Classic, VLC,Quicktime,Windows Media Player..they all had the same bad audio. My Direct X files are up to date, as well as my codecs.

So, I'ma t a loss as to why you guys are getting a wonderful presentation, and mine continues to sound like it's coming from a dixie cup.

I would really like to see/hear the upcoming David Roth lecture, but right now, just don't feel comfortable d/l again. This is the only file I am having any kind of audio difficulties with right now.

Thank for your suggestions.
David

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:36 pm 
Penguin

Hi folks. I took the gamble and purchased the David Roth Lecture. Works great. So there was just something in the OZ lecture, that didn't allow me to play it. Oh well, wish I could take that money, and use it for Greg wilson's lecture.

Thanks again, for the input and help. I didn't change anything. Some were lucky on the Oz lecture...I was not.

Best,
David