View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Stealth Pen -- help!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:00 pm 
Penguin

Hi, I'm new to Penguin and bought one of my first tricks - the Stealth Pen. Of course, I messed up before I started and got the bill stuck INSIDE the pen, and now it won't come out & the pen wont close until I get the bill out of the pen. Any ideas on how to get the bill out?

Post subject: Re: Stealth Pen -- help!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:45 pm 
born to perform.

LKundani wrote:
Hi, I'm new to Penguin and bought one of my first tricks - the Stealth Pen. Of course, I messed up before I started and got the bill stuck INSIDE the pen, and now it won't come out & the pen wont close until I get the bill out of the pen. Any ideas on how to get the bill out?

Hey, you can try getting it out with a tweezer or maybe like a tooth pick or something. It has never happened to me before. Worst case senerio, contact penguin to see if you can get a new one, thought they probably won't, unless it came like that :shock: . Let us know what happens.

Post subject: Re: Stealth Pen -- help!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:58 pm 
Penguin

In what part of the pen has the bill become stuck?

Really I can only imagine that it is either stuck inside the pen shaft (where the ink cartridge is housed) or inside the cap.

Your best option is to use tweezers to remove the bill. Failing that, you do still have a few options.

If it's stuck inside the pen shaft, remove the pen tip (ink cartridge attached) from the pen. Seaparate the roller ball tip + ink cartridge unit from the plastic pen tip housing. You should have just an ink cartridge with a little roller ball tip at the end of it now. Put that into the pen shaft, and use it to poke the flat end piece (what would be called the "butt" of the pen) out of the other end. Now you should have a pen shaft with two open ends and a bill in the center. Depending on how tightly the bill is rolled, you may be able to blow air through the pen tube and force the bill out.
If not, hold the tube + stuck bill in one hand just as you would if you were writing with it. Now rap the pen on the table a few times to try to get the bill to slide out of the end of the tube.

If it is stuck inside the cap, I can't imagine how it would be difficult to remove. Try tweezers first, as they are the best tool for the job. Alternatively, try to blow air through the holes in the top of the cap. If all else fails, just cut the cap open and replace it with a standard BIC pen cap.