View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Invisible Palm Routine no Deck
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:05 pm 
Penguin

I have been working on an invisible palm routine with no deck involved. Still in the works, but tell me what you think!? http://youtu.be/EO5x0_LSz7A

Post subject: Re: Invisible Palm Routine no Deck
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:24 pm 
Penguin

Mind = Blown. That was beautifully done.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:31 pm 
Penguin

Thanks I appreciate it. It looks better in person, camera doesn't hide much!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:09 pm 
born to perform.

That is nicely done. I haven't seen anything quite like it before. For some reason it didn't trick me at all, but your handling was very good. Thanks for posting. :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:52 pm 
Penguin

This is VERY nicely done. Invisible palm has been one of my favorite effects and I've worked on my own routine that I got to where I liked. I have not performed it in a while though. I am gun shy about it now because I got busted on it twice. Once by my wife who had seen it probably a dozen times at least before figuring it out so that probably doesn't count. The other was by my 8 year old neice. Ug.

I need to perfect putting a double down such that it doesn't ever spread even a tiny bit. I'm sure it would help if I had a card pad like you are using. I tend just to use whatever table is in front of me. But the strange thing is on the two times I was busted, I don't think that was even the problem.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:55 pm 
Penguin

TO "RICHARDN" try giving you "double" alil bend before you lay it down on the table.Invisible palm is a trick i do all the time when i do tablehoping magic at restaurants and it never fails to blow them away.Dont worry my wife is the same way with my tricks.If it looks good to me i have to show it to her and if it floors her than im good.Sometimes she catches on pretty quickly though and its back to the drawing board

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:53 pm 
Penguin

Nice! That was very smooth, and I'm sure that it KILLS when you preform it

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:05 pm 
Penguin

If you want honest criticism, I will tell you this:

~The angle on the multiple stack behind the ace of hearts at the beginning was evident, and would have been much more evident in person. This puts the effect in the most jeopardy, since an obvious multiple completely un-inspires the audience. A friend of mine has a bad habit of paying little attention to viewing angles, and people always approach me to tell me that they saw the secret, but they didn't want to embarrass him. As a solution, I would recommend making sure that the angle is safe (e.g. have them directly above the cards) because any angle that is not dead-on toward the face of the card will give away the stack. The trouble with this solution is that it obviously conflicts with your ending, which is my second point.

~The vanish used at the end in combination with the Gambler's Cop could pose a risk with any angle other than that used in the video. If you do use the video angle, however, the first point still applies, and the effect is ruined. For that reason, I'd say that you might find it easier to work with a vanish using Tenkai palm under the guise of transferring the card from one hand into a "palm" position in the other hand. By no means is it necessary if you can use your own vanish at various angles.
However, if you have any interest, here it is: Begin with the card between the first and second finger of the left hand (index and middle fingers, that is) with the back of the hand toward the audience. Approach with the right hand, its back toward the audience, with the fingers of each hand pointing toward each other. As the right hand comes in front of the card that is held between the left hand's fingers, turn your entire body to the right, in the same action moving the card into left hand Tenkai palm under cover of the right hand. As this occurs, the right hand mimics gripping ("palming") the card. Bring the right hand toward your face as the left hand relaxes and rests on the edge of the table, ditching the card. Justify directing your attention to the right hand so that the audience does the same (perhaps carefully watching as the card "turns invisible"). Now the card has been lapped, and the routine is ready to come to a close with the laying down of the final invisible card.
I have used this specific vanish quite a few times, and in most situations (assuming you are seated) I have found it satisfactory. I assume that you intend only to do the routine whilst seated, so this should work for you.

~The laying down of the invisible cards, making them appear was nice but not as magical as it probably could be. Ideally, you could put your hand down without sliding it, and make the card simply appear underneath it. Moisture on the hand in combination with pressure can do a great deal to aid in making the appearance of the cards more ideal, if you are inspired to work with such an idea.

Your performance of this routine is certainly within the uppermost quartile of those that I've seen, so I hope that this critique doesn't discourage you. That isn't my intention, nor is it to speak as if I know everything (I know precious few things). I cannot perform this routine, and I don't intend to do so. However, I have seen great card magic, I have seen awful card magic, and I have seen audiences that don't have the heart to tell magicians that they have discovered their secrets. I simply hope that I can promote the former and prevent the latter.