View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Quadrant
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:37 am 
Penguin

So I got this in the mail yesterday and was playing with / setting it up all night. Unfortunately I have not had the chance yet to work out the handling too well, but here's what I gotta say about the product . . .

This is pretty much just a one trick product. It may seem like you get four effects, but it really isn't practical to be able to use them all. Just one. With that in mind, I think the price tag may still be worth it. These are extremely visual effects (Which is what I love). I think the skill level needed may be a little bit higher than most effects, but the video does cover handling that is more fitting for beginners.

Now for the bad. I am not sure whether I made a mistake putting everything together or if the description in the DVD had a mistake in it. I recommend those buying this product to watch the entire section about setting up before doing it yourself (Following along). What they send you does not appear to be the same as in the video, making the description of how to make it near useless (After screwing up, I simply saw what it needed to do and used my own intuition to make the gimmick). Why couldn't they have made this? Angles look like they could be an issue (Like I said in the beginning, I have not practiced handling yet). The product seems a little flimsy. I am afraid it is going to break and I am going to need to purchase it again, so care is needed.

Overall, I think it was a good purchase, but only time will tell.

Post subject: Re: Quadrant
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:01 am 
Penguin

Mine should be arriving today. I bought this because in the ad it was supposed to be very sturdy. I hope I have better luck, also lately when I buy effects my PO section has the effect listed that I purchased but under discuss it says "forum does not exist" same with exact change, 2wenty 1 and many other effects.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:34 pm 
born to perform.

ArchAngel_G wrote:
This is pretty much just a one trick product.

That's enough for me to avoid it. Thanks for the heads up.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:52 pm 
Penguin

Well, I received my package today which included quadrant, just like ArchAngel_G said, this is a one trick pony. I think I would have been happy if it included 2 gimmicks because there are 2 of the effects that would be nice. There is additional work involved as well but you have to choose which effect that you want to perform :( The concept is very good however I feel that The trailer was a bit misleading because to do all 4 changes I will need 4 gimmicks and I would have to make each gimmick specific to what I want to do. The gimmick does not seem too fragile for what it is but I have only looked at it also I would not recommend messing with anything until you watch the DVD because one bad move will ruin the gimmick.

I would rate quadrant as OK, but would rate it as good if it included enough gimmicks to do all the effects.

OFF TOPIC:
On the flip side my package did include some good stuff :)
Ignition is awesome
Knock em dead 2 was good
21 was ok
Bill to credit card 2.0 was also really good.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:21 am 
Penguin

roy291 wrote:
The concept is very good however I feel that The trailer was a bit misleading because to do all 4 changes I will need 4 gimmicks and I would have to make each gimmick specific to what I want to do.

roy291 wrote:
I would rate quadrant as OK, but would rate it as good if it included enough gimmicks to do all the effects.

I actually have an idea for this, though it may only cover the first and last effect. I'm playing around with it for practice sake, but it isn't very secure and I need to work on it. Me personally, I don't mind it as a one off effect because it is a really powerful one.

Actual performance testing yet to be done.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:46 pm 
Penguin

So is it a gimmick that you have to permanently assign to 1 of the 4 effects and can't switch it around?

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:15 pm 
Penguin

BathTub wrote:
So is it a gimmick that you have to permanently assign to 1 of the 4 effects and can't switch it around?

Yes, it can be assigned to one effect however you can redo the gimmick to work with any of the other effects but it is time consuming. I actually don't do anything except change a deck of cards into a cell phone, etc...

Don't get me wrong it is pretty good and very visual it's just not what I expected and with practice you end clean and don't worry, there are no weird body hookups or anything like that and the gimmick can be carried in your pocket ready to go, I do think this gimmick will last a lot longer than I originally thought
~Roy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:58 am 
born to perform.

I finally got mine and just wanted to add my 2 cents

Gimmick doesn't look super durable. It is certainly more durable than say a box of cards. It does look like it would last a while though.

The gimmick is red back. Big down side for me since i only use blue back.

Making your own gimmick is difficult if you were looking for something that looks exactly the same. You could make a simple gimmick out of a box of cards and some other materials that wont be as good, but just might work as needed. Otherwize if u wanted the exact same gimmick that functions exactly the same, you'd need to buy another dvd.

Only 1 gimmick, and theres 4 effects that require 4 gimmicks as previously mentioned.

Free inverted deck was a nice touch (yay penguin).

Overall i think "Freedom Pack" is a better. But i dont think this is bad, just a bit pricey and no blue back.

7.5/10

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:27 am 
Penguin

Well I'd naturally be wary of any trailer that requires more than 1 other name brand artist to pimp it in the first place.

OMGWTFBFFBBQ?!?!?! Wayne Houchin AND Robert Smith say this is a zero-cool effect then you knowz it must be L33t bizothces! I so am gonna own me dis one! /magic fanboy drooling rant

I've seen their other effect X-Pand and I wasn't that impressed by it. I've not actually bought this product yet, and chances are based upon their promo, and this review I may not.