View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Batman Dark Knight Rises
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:51 pm 
born to perform.

Anyone else going to see the midnight showing of this? I know I am.

Post subject: Re: Batman Dark Knight Rises
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:36 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I got IMAX tickets for friday night. I can't wait.

I know i'm going to see it multiple times.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:23 am 
Penguin

Nope. I don't think it looks that great. And I don't like the choice of Bane as the main villain.

I have no doubt it will be an excellent movie, though.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:35 am 
Penguin

I'm hoping to see it , I'm not holding my breath though. It just doesn't look as good as the others have to me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:45 pm 
Penguin

Really excited to see it, but will probably wait until Saturday. Chris Nolan has quickly become my favorite director.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:06 pm 
born to perform.

Flappy2 wrote:
Nope. I don't think it looks that great. And I don't like the choice of Bane as the main villain.

Normally I don't like vain because of the simplicity in taking him down (throw a batarang at the cords connected to him) but he does not appear to have them. He just looks like one Bad *** dude.

Also, I wonder if batarangs will finally be included. As far as I can remember they were only used twice, both instances in the first movie. (he gives one to some kid, and he breaks a light with one) Whatever happened to good ol' knocking guns out of people's hands. As a plus though, this way it is much more realistic.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:28 pm 
Penguin

curlyclimber222 wrote:
Flappy2 wrote:

Normally I don't like vain because of the simplicity in taking him down (throw a batarang at the cords connected to him) but he does not appear to have them. He just looks like one Bad *** dude.

Also, I wonder if batarangs will finally be included. As far as I can remember they were only used twice, both instances in the first movie. (he gives one to some kid, and he breaks a light with one) Whatever happened to good ol' knocking guns out of people's hands. As a plus though, this way it is much more realistic.

But...why would you ever want a superhero movie to be realistic? Isn't the point kinda to escape reality?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:25 pm 
born to perform.

I find it much more enjoyable to know that atleast parts of the movie are real, and could be done if the right circumstances were available. Superman on the other hand, will not happen. Unless you count the circumstance that an alien lands on earth, but the batman is quite more believable.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:46 pm 
born to perform.

I saw the midnight premiere and this thing blew me away. I saw a lot of the twists coming because I've been following the production of the movie, but that doesn't make them any less clever and well constructed. Bane and Catwoman are both fascinating characters and string together a monumental plot. In terms of scope, The Dark Knight is an appetizer, while TDKR is the main course.
As a Batman film, I can understand people liking TDK more, but as a trilogy closer, which is a much more daunting task than a sequel, TDKR delivers in every way and then some. This film has a few more plot holes than the other two due to its sheer size and ambition of what its trying to accomplish, but I'm willing to look that over for the sake of the story.
Most people are critiquing the underlying social themes (99% vs. 1%, 9/11, etc.), but lets all just take a step back and look at how beautifully this movie wraps up the Dark Knight legend, ending arguably one of the greatest trilogies in film history. This movie doesn't have a political agenda like some seem to believe, it just sets its story in OUR society, including the issues that we face to have the film be relevant and not just another cartoony backdrop of a city. An amazingly well made film that worthy of being connected to Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:13 pm 
Penguin

curlyclimber222 wrote:
I find it much more enjoyable to know that atleast parts of the movie are real, and could be done if the right circumstances were available. Superman on the other hand, will not happen. Unless you count the circumstance that an alien lands on earth, but the batman is quite more believable.

Well, I mean, Watchmen is my favorite movie, so I can kind of understand what you mean, but with something like Batman, I like realistic, but not extremely realistic.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:46 pm 
born to perform.

^ I hope you know Rorschach is primarily based on Batman.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:57 pm 
Penguin

I was watching CNN news and saw where the Guy attacked those people in the theater I couldn't believe someone could do this. Him going into the theater and opening fire just blew me away. I just couldn't understand how someone could do that. and ruin the legend while he did. Batman will never be seen the way he was. All because some genius that went crazy killed a bunch of people in a theater. Now I have nothing against the actors at all I have a great deal of respect for the guy who played Batman. He quietly showed up at one of the places people came to pay respects and to pray. He also showed up in the hospital unannounced to some of those wounded by the shooter. How many actors today would do that?
Batman has a horrible mark on its record of the Fictional legend he is. But it had to happen to one of them sooner or later. Hopefully Batman will go beyond this horrible day and rise above it. Because he began back in the 30's as did Superman.
He was a hero before they were as big as they are now. Hopefully the legend will live on.
Tsalihawk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:06 am 

nikiel wrote:
^ I hope you know Rorschach is primarily based on Batman.

Actually, not really. "Moore based Rorschach on Ditko's creation Mr. A; Ditko's Charlton character The Question also served as a template for creating Rorschach."

References:

Cooke, Jon B. "Alan Moore discusses the Charlton-Watchmen Connection". Comic Book Artist. August 2000. Retrieved on October 8, 2008.

Stewart, Bhob. "Synchronicity and Symmetry". The Comics Journal. July 1987.