View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Spider Pen Pro
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:29 am 
born to perform.

Can anyone confirm whether or not the Spider Pen Pro requires your feet/toes to activate it?

Its a product i am interested in but i don't want to buy it if i have to someone strap something to my feet.

Post subject: Re: Spider Pen Pro
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:54 am 
Penguin

Hi,
The spider pen does not require you to strap anything on and does not require any foot movement to activate. I highly suggest you spend the $ and purchase the pen from Yigal as the information on the dvd tells you everything you have to know. One tip: be very careful with it. I've been working with it over the last couple days and like any close-up levitation, the working requires care.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:59 am 
born to perform.

antonykeith wrote:
Hi,
The spider pen does not require you to strap anything on and does not require any foot movement to activate. I highly suggest you spend the $ and purchase the pen from Yigal as the information on the dvd tells you everything you have to know. One tip: be very careful with it. I've been working with it over the last couple days and like any close-up levitation, the working requires care.

Does the Spider Pen Pro just work in the same way as the spider pen? cause it cant since in the trailer he doesnt even have the pen in his hand. Says on the ad "first electronic reel with no buttons or switches" so i heard that it was activated somehow with the feet.??? so confused

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:00 pm 
Penguin

I will not disclose HOW the pen works. You have to buy it to find out. However, it does not require you to strap anything onto your feet. I don't have an original spider pen, so I don't know it the working is the same. What I can say is this: It's brilliant and well worth the $. I would however suggest you purchase spare reels because the thread will break, it just happens.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:30 pm 
Penguin

Just a quick question for those who have the product: how advanced of an IT worker must you be to use the Spider Pen Pro?
I read on themagiccafe that it is not for beginners. I have worked with multiple other IT setups (Spun, Hummingbird Card, Loops, and some of Steve Fearson's stuff), but I have never really used a reel. Is it a good device to learn to use a reel? I have heard that other reels get stuck and break, so I want the reliability of the Spider Pen Pro, but I'm afraid it may be too advanced for me. I am a pretty quick learner, so I think it may work for me, but what do you all think?

Thank you,
Drew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:22 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Ruby city next to the Emerald city. Bob is wearing the Emerald Sneakers.
Check out today's Wizard Product Review on youtube. It had a review for this on the episode. I think that'll answer everyone's questions.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:02 am 
Penguin

Thread work is very delicate. The lighting conditions must be right and you have to handle thread with care. Even the best reel will break eventually and if you are too hard on it, it will break easier. I am also quite new to thread work, I dabbled in it in the past but recently took it up again. Yigal Mesika is a great teacher of thread work and his IT reels are wonderful. They will take practice, but it's that one of the perks of being a magician? We get to play with our toys. The dvd that comes with the pen teaches you everything you need to know about the pen, and Yigal thought about everything. tension and the position of the reel are covered. But just remember: the thread will break sooner or later.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:11 am 
Penguin

OK, thank you guys!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:49 pm 
Penguin

the Pen is awesome, but I don't know if I can value it at $150. the thread reel's "soul technology" which is how it turns on/off from tension didn't even work for me right out of the box. so long as the battery is connected, the motor is ALWAYS on and every 3 seconds it shuts off for about a split second, before its back to tension. next, the bottom of the part of the pen, including the pen shaft are what complete the electric circuit for the battery. I live in california, where the whether is mostly dry, so other than some body sweat, humidity ought to be low, however battery corrosion where the current conducts, seals the pen shut so tightly I need a vice and pliers to open it, scratching small teeth marks on it. the "soul technology" not working for me doesnt really matter except it seems like thats a big part of the 'price'. If the terminal didnt causes corrosion sealing the pen shut it'd be fine because I could just keep the pen open slightly to dis/engage the battery.

the tension on the thread is pretty good, and no one has ever suspected that its the pen, ive done the zero gravity bill so many times and people give me free food n [edited]. im no itr pro, or expert by any means although I have pen using loops for years and years which gives my thread work a delicate touch. if your is not defective like mine, and you put some white grease or vaseline on the inner part of the shaft that conceals the battery it should be a great product for anyone.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:10 am 
Penguin

Thank you for the reply.
I have decided to hold off on buying it for a while. Like it was said in Wizard Product Review, it is never good when a product has its own forum thread about how to get it to work. It seems like most people have a problem with it. Obviously, I would prefer something that always worked.
Thanks, Drew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:00 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Ruby city next to the Emerald city. Bob is wearing the Emerald Sneakers.
I love his loops but never been a fan of the pens or the tarantula. Heard too many bad things about the pens and I bought the tarantula and the button (guess you can call it this) on it broke after a week of practice (not even hardcore practice) so his IET dispenser i is all I buy.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:32 am 
Penguin

ahh yes, my tarantula button fell apart so fast, the plastic fulcrum is too thin, and flimsy and the button falls away from the switch. I rebuilt it using my own pieces, and eventually tore out the motor and re-built into a wristwatch. In the end, the 'finger cover' is way too obvious for the way I perform.