View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Thread of Life by Matt Mello
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:07 pm 
Penguin

I swear to god penguinmagic.com releases more [edited] like this than anyone else, and it pisses me off. They just add trash like this into the mix with real tricks and gimmicks that took real magicians a lot of time and effort to come up with, just to make 7 bucks off of every poor chump dumb enough to purchase it. Plus those 'customer reviews' look fake as [edited]. The first one gives 5 stars and even writes 10/10 in their comment, where they go on to mention phrases like "A winner from the mind of Matt Mello."

First, is this from the mind of Matt Mello? No. Kids were doing this to each other decades ago when I was in grade school. This isn't new, nor is it a 5 star magic trick. Its a simple induction that relies solely on the inductees suggestibility for how well they will experience this subjectively. I would never pay money for a trick children were doing in gym class when I was 8. And you are going to look real foolish trying to pass this off as 'new magic' to someone else who learned this [edited] when they were 8. Not to mention the "explanation" is probably all over youtube, because kids are doing this for fun.

Also if you think for one second that the 'bestsellers' list is a factual representation of which tricks are selling the most, then you have been fooled by an extremely basic marketing strategy.

Post subject: Re: Thread of Life by Matt Mello
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:19 pm 
Penguin

Well, someone's angry for no reason! If you think the string pull from hand works 'solely' on suggestion, you clearly learned the wrong way to do it! If you had actually purchased 'Thread of Life', you would know this!

As for your argument about people not being impressed by phase one, once again...wrong! I have performed this plenty of times for people that did the first phase as kids--it makes them reminiscent, and makes the second phase even crazier for them!

It's the whole routine and PRESENTATION that you're paying a piddly $7 for, not just the first phase. You have no reason to be upset when you haven't even purchased it, and more than likely spend your time downloading tricks for free! I assume this because you clearly have no idea what puts 'value' into an effect.

Also, grow up and stop cursing!

Matt Mello

Post subject: Re: Thread of Life by Matt Mello
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:34 pm 
Penguin

Sounds more like this S.H.B. posted in product review.

And M.M. "piddly $7" ...really ?..Prehaps re-wording would be constructive ?

But that being said by M.M. himself...It must stand to reason, that you
get a "piddly-trick" for a "piddly-price" :)