View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Books of hypnosis
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:34 pm 
Penguin

hello guys!
I would like to request recommendations for books of hypnosis for beginners
Thank you =]

Post subject: Re: Books of hypnosis
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:59 pm 
Penguin

Hypnosis is one of those things that you would be better off learning from a video. When I started out in hypnosis, I read a few books and never really had a firm grasp of the nuances of the method. For example, it's pretty challenging to instruct a pupil on how his tone of voice should be over text. There are also several more resources on DVD as opposed to books these days. If you need to know which DVDs to get, simply look through these forums.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:43 am 
Penguin

Hey!
I saw a DVD called "the triby conection". What do you say about him?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:30 pm 
Penguin

"The Trilby Connection" is excellent, as is "The Manchurian Approach". Both DVDs are worth the money and give Supreme instruction. As sort of a "study guide" you could read "Reality is Plastic" by Anthony Jaquin(spelling?).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:00 am 
Penguin

Thank you!
I bought the DVD "The dirby conection" =]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:04 pm 
Penguin

Hey,
I watched some of the DVD, there is a specific thing I did not understand.
I saw how to make a suggestion at first, and then he showed the first method to hypnotize, focusing on palm point is approaching and the poor close.
My question is this:
There is something to do before starting the hypnotize? That I could do the suggestion, but the hypnotized states could not do. Is there anything to be done before starting the method called Suking hand?
Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:42 pm 
Penguin

Typically, a hypnotic session goes something like this:
1. Suggestibility tests (I do three)
2. Chosen spectator is then inducted (hand-eye fixation, three shakes)
3. The state is deepened through metaphors and light suggestion (the staircase)
4. Begin suggestions/ hypnotic goals
5. Trance is lifted.

The only thing that someone would to before actually hypnotizing someone is the suggestibility tests.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:49 pm 
Penguin

Okay,
The suggestion I could do. But when I got hypnosis it just did not work. And I do not know quite why. Playing the HAND SHAKING. I lifted his arm and told him to focus on one point, I held his hand slowly forward and said, "The hand coming forward, your eyes begin to change focus., But when I tell him to shut the poor, it just does not work. Closes but will not go into a trance.
You possibly can tell me what did I do wrong?
Thank you

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:18 pm 
Penguin

Well, to diagnose the problem with your trance, there could be a few things that are inconsistent, leading the induction to be ineffective. First off, there is a need to understand what the purpose of a suggestibility test is for. In short, the better someone reacts to the tests (I.E. their hands move faster, more purposefully, or more direct to your suggestion),the more likely they are to be hypnotized. So, you need to be able to identify those types of people. Second, There needs to be an understanding of what hypnotism is and how to identify that hypnotism has taken place. When using your induction, you said that your spectator's eyes closed but that he had not entered hypnotism. How did you determine that? Third, and most disappointing, what language do you speak to perform hypnotism? I ask this only because communication is the pinnacle of importance when applying suggestion, or even instructing a spectator. If you use another language other than English, which do you use? I speak several languages and the phrases differ between each language when instructing someone to do something.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:40 pm 
Penguin

Reality is plastic is great but it's the same as Manchu and trilby.
May I recommend Guide to Trance formation by Bandler.
And igor ledochowskis power of conversational hypnosis.
(audio course I'm doing it right now)
Zap by the hon Wong and gordon fang Wong is amazing!!
Hypnosis is about expectation and confidence...
If we believe it we align ourselves physically and emotionally to the ideas put forth.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:43 am 
Penguin

Hello!
I use Hebrew. But I watched on DVD in English, Hebrew and translated all what he says there, and I just said it in Hebrew.
Is it good?
Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:35 pm 
Team Penguin

the best thing you can do is find a good hypnotist in your area and have them train you...then use books and videos as an additional source of information.

The most important aspect of a hypnosis show is SAFETY...you need to learn about the things that can and WILL go wrong, and how to handle them if they happen.

if you're going to perform a hypnosis show, I strongly recommend getting insurance...the company I use is the same one that was recommended to me by my mentor. In order to get the insurance (which is $3,000,000 coverage), you must first take an online course on Stage Hypnosis Safety and pass a required test that contains about 50 questions. Safety can't be stressed enough when it comes to a hypno show!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:00 pm 
born to perform.

Here's why you get insurance:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:33 pm 
Team Penguin

EXACTLY! When you have your volunteers under a heightened state of mental awareness and relaxation, they can become "Care free" and accidents can happen! There are things that can be said during the induction that can help reduce the possibility of these accidents, but it's never fool-proof....the last thing you want is somebody falling off the edge of the stage and breaking an arm or leg, or somebody having some sort of flashback or emotional swing and violently attacking another volunteer (YES...it has happened before)

The situation in the video with the wheelchair could have easily been avoided if the hypnotist had taken enough initiative to think more about the safety of his volunteers and include commands in his inductions that would forbid the volunteers from leaving the stage or leaving their positions on stage without his permission.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT perform hypnosis unless you have insurance!!!! And even then, video tape EVERY SINGLE SHOW you perform! It only costs about $200-$250 per year, and it's WELL worth every penny if you end up in a situation where you need it!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:17 am 
Penguin

The first book I read on hypnosis was Trance-Formations by Bandler and Grinder. The one from the 80's, not Bandlers newer book. It was an excellent source of information and is essentially the basis for modern conversational style trance and NLP. But, I really do not suggest learning hypnosis from a book or a DVD if you plan to do anything more than stage work. In fact, you really don't even know how hypnosis works to do stage hypnosis. This is somewhat unfortunate as it is a tool that should be used with reverence.

Igor Ledochowski's Power of Conversational Hypnosis might be a bit much for you if you just want to do stage hypnosis. But Igor is one of the best hypnotists I have worked with and I would highly recommend his material. He actually has a DVD set on stage hypnosis he did with Don Spencer. It is very thorough and is great material.

But, regardless. Even if you just want to do stage hypnosis I recommend seeking out some sort of in person training. There is so much that is missed, even on video. And, you really benefit from live trainings as you get hypnotized as many times as you do it yourself. Just make sure to do your research! Always seek out past students of any training and speak with the people involved before making a decision. They all have different styles and teach different methods. If you want recommendations I will be happy to provide you feedback on various trainers.

Also, strongly back the recommendations of having insurance. And make sure you check the local laws of anywhere you want to call yourself a hypnotist and otherwise behave as one. You can be arrested in some places for practicing hypnosis!