View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hank Lee's Magic Factory Closing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:32 pm 
Penguin

Got this email today:

Greetings from all of us at Hank Lee’s Magic Factory.

We here at Hank Lee’s all knew it was coming. Despite Herculean efforts by Steve and Aron and Don, the handwriting was on the wall. As Steve put it, “this is such a nuanced business; it is impossible for a person to learn every phase in a short time.” I want to personally thank both of them for trying so hard to make it work.

It’s been a long and wonderful road; nearly four decades in business. But, we have made the difficult decision to close Hank Lee’s Magic Factory. Sunday, October 28th will be our last day of operation.

I want to thank all of our customers and friends for their support over the past 37 years. There are no better people than you, anywhere.

I want to assure you that this closure is not forever. We will reorganize and we will be back.

If you have Gift Certificates or Reward Points, hold onto them. When we re-open, we will honor all of them.

If you have items on back order, be assured that we are working feverishly to get them out to you.

Of course, it wouldn’t be Friday without our weekly Excitement. So, for the last time, check it out.

Hank

Post subject: Re: Hank Lee's Magic Factory Closing
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:17 pm 
Penguin

I feel sorry for his employees who are losing their jobs, and for the man he stole from. But Harry Levy should spend every single day of his ridiculous 30 month sentence in jail - and it should be 30 years!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:41 pm 
Penguin

...really? 30 years? :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:00 pm 
born to perform.

Quote:
"I want to assure you that this closure is not forever."

Really? Assure? There's nothing assuring about that guy! Glad I never have given him any of my money or information. As Tukaram stated, I feel sorry for his employees who weren't corrupt, but really Hank needs to suffer for consequences for what he did.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:42 am 
Emperor Penguin

He definitely got off too easy, and as I said in my other thread which was locked wrongfully, he even tried to rip me off las time I ordered by sending me a COD item that was paid for already. I have not ordered since, and was a customer for 25 years on and off. I don't think 30 years is a fair sentence for a first time theft, and would not help the case at all except cost tax payers more money. He did not murder anyone and even murderers get a lot less than that usually.

When he gets out he can go back to working to pay back the rest of the money he owes. But I don't think he should be able to run a magic shop for a long time if ever. But it would be easy for him to do so in the background and say that his family is. He should have gotten at LEAST 5-10 years but considering his age and first time offence they probably wanted him to see light again so he can pay back more money that his house did not cover.

You need to judge the case fairly not with hateful bias, and that is coming from someone who he "attempted" to rip off as I do not even see COD as an option on his site.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:49 pm 
born to perform.

A guy of that age being a fish in the joint is going to have a LONG 30 months.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:35 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Maybe he will try out some escapes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:00 pm 
born to perform.

ROFL!