View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:45 pm 
born to perform.

wreksy wrote:
miniserb725 wrote:
Pick up the soap. Think shower scene in jail.

Except he'd volunteer.

-JT

FTW?!!! :shock:
EWWW!!!
BTW people I meant that I was having Fun replaying the image of slipping on the bar of soap. :)
I kind of read it over and my last comment sounded a bit [edited] so I'm clearing things up. :D

Thx, when I read that you liked to replay the image of Criss getting raped in your head I was kind of scared

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:26 am 
Penguin

I agree with Clarissa in the fact that I is a magic man. I will use the title magician but if I am working a gig and my employer wants me to be an illusionist i'm okay with that to. The main thing to make this work is to have the trick so that it can be so well preformed that they think it is magic. And as for Chriss Angel I would pay for someone to shoot him but then I start to pity the bullet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:42 pm 
Penguin

Randi is a magician, who rats out other magicians, and has made a point of ratting out Geller in particular...several times. Everyone finds an excuse to do what they feel like doing...be it Geller, Randi, Angel, or whomever. Everyone is higher, and mightier, and more righteous, than everyone else...in their own opinion. It's all a big practical joke, because they are all in the same racket. It's as if Ted Bundy thought he was holier than Charlie Manson, or Richard Nixon thought he was better than Benito Mussolini. Viewers don't know whether to laugh, or to cry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:44 pm 
Penguin

"Just to get this out of the way, I have no psychic powers."

First line of my mentalism show.

Post subject: Re: Magical Powers!?!?!?!?!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:12 pm 
born to perform.

I've recently been thinking about this topic and I will offer my insight as to why NO magician has any right to, or the reason to, discredit another magician.I'll use Uri Geller in these examples because most people are familiar with him and I like him.

1.There is no reason for Criss to discredit Uri because of this argument that I copied off of Ron White "You can watch the Uri Geller show, or you can watch the Criss angle show, they are the same price.

2. There is no moral context that should motivate you to because
A) You are a magician and you are fooling people just as much as the other guy
B) As a magician you actually run the risk of making people believe in magic (If it exists ,which I do)
C) The "psychic" is just entertaining people just like you

3. WHY?

4. How would you like it if another obnoxious magician came up and revealed your hard earned trick.

That's just my stand and in conclusion, I'm total for fake psychics, even the scam artists. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:13 am 
Penguin

Just because someone doesn‘t love you the way you want them to, doesn‘t mean they don‘t love you with all they have. 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:36 am 
Penguin

Isn't it true that if the audience considers for a moment you may have magical powers that you've done a good job? Isn't that what magicians/illusionists/mentalists strive for? I think that it's fine to suggest that you have magical powers that are limited to certain materials. Generally, I think people know in the back of their minds it isn't real, and if asked rather point blank that a magician would perhaps recant on the claim, admiting it is really a performance meant to suspend disbelief.

If laymen ALWAYS saw magic as merely a collection of technical manuevers, then in their eyes you are little more than someone with skilled hands.

-ArchAngel_G

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:24 pm 
Penguin

I am a Gospel Illusionist so I have to be even more careful in how I present these Illusions in a Church. I usually just say "These are Theatrical Illusions. to put it simply "I know something you don't." and say that in a kiddy voice to get a laugh. Then I borrow from Duane Laflin where he says "These are just surprizes for the Eyeses," These are just illustrations to help you remember what I said." And that is how a Gospel Illusionist would use them.

Now I would never ever publicaly talk any other magician down. There are a few I wouldn't pay to go see because of the way they act and the lies they try to make you believe. That they do have special powers. That they try to make you believe they are real Magicians. Just like the Fakiers of India and Packistan. This should be fun not make someone think you are this all powerful Mage. When in truth
they are just like the Heckler they HAVE to be the one in the limelight they HAVE
to have people think they have special powers. So the minute you want people to think you have REAL magical powers then you have just destroyed the fun of magic. That being there is a logical reason to do that trick the audience just doesn't know (Except the heckler HA HA) so they suspend there knowing there is a logical reason but they let their guard down and have some fun. It's that simple.
Take care
Tsalihawk