View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Switchcraft - Ellliott Bressler
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:46 pm 
Penguin

Hello everyone.

I'm Andreu. I've been interested in Mentalism as an art from about a year or so.

I'm not a pro performer by any means but I assure you, I'm trying to get there everyday. :)

I just finished reading Switchcraft by Elliott Bressler, I highly recommend this book to everyone interested at becoming better mentalists, this is my review..

*** Switchcraft by Elliot Bressler - Review ***

After days (and nights) of reading Switchcraft, I'm ready to say that this is indeed one of the best Mentalism books I've ever read in my life.

Although I'm a very visual person (I tend to learn easily by watching videos and not descriptions) I think this book really excels at being clear with the instructions for the easiest switches I have ever known, and at giving you everything you need for surprising friends or family with some great routines...

The ideas taught here are invaluable, I think I've grown a lot as a performer (and in general) from reading this fantastic book... I can't recommend this highly enough, it teaches you fantastic stuff like creating your own routines, Switchcraft will get your imagination running wild, and will make you feel very comfortable as a performer..

Even though I'm not as oriented to close-up mentalism and I have always prefered Stage, this book is filled with fantastic routines that you can instantly use or adapt to any setting, reading this will get you in a very creative state of mind, expanding your reality like never before..

I find this book absolutely wonderful, can't praise it highly enough.

I may contribute some of my work very soon, I have even developed some new personal switches and ideas...

Cheers!

PD Thank you very much Elliott for this fantastic journey of 625 pages, they are worth gold !!!

Thanks to everyone for reading my review,

Andreu.

Post subject: Re: Switchcraft - Ellliott Bressler
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:23 pm 
Penguin

Thanks Andreu!!

The 21st supplement to Switchcraft, “Flashes of Inspiration – Volume One”, went out a few days ago.

It includes a subtlety to make almost any force seem incredibly fair, a method for spirit writing, 7 Living & Dead Test ideas, a modification for two billet switches, a great utility item and Dave Arch’s “Place Setting” routine.

Special thanks to Dave Arch for graciously contributing his excellent effect.

Additional thanks to Connor Jacobs for the incredible job he did editing the supplement. Connor made what is normally the toughest part of the process remarkably easy.

Copies went out to everyone on the Switchcraft mailing list. Some emails bounced. If you are on my list and have not received the supplement, please do not hesitate to let me know. However, due to my crazy schedule this time a year, please allow me some extra time to get back to you.

For the record, the Switchcraft file available on my site now includes:

Switchcraft
The Billet Machine
Billet Proof
Silver Billet
Back from the Dead
Stack Master
CT's Switch
Q 4 U 2
The Zombie Chicken Read
Alexander Marsh’s Tel.
Ken Krenzel’s Psychologia