View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: What loop mtl. to Buy???
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:38 pm 
Penguin

Would like material on loops magic---in particular --the floating rose and the butterfly illusion of Danny Garcia. If I were to buy one dvd or whatever---what should it be???

Post subject: Re: What loop mtl. to Buy???
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:44 pm 
born to perform.

The Daniel Garcia routine is on the "Guerrilla Guide to Loops" I believe it is called. There is a couple volumes of it. Just look for the one with the Butterfly something is the trick title, by D. Garcia of course.

-Ari

Post subject: Re: What loop mtl. to Buy???
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:49 am 
Penguin

Daniel Garcia hosts & teaches Volume 2 of the set and teaches the effect in question. The effect is called "Life". Many people like the effect, as it takes a very fresh idea regarding loops. Although I like the effect, it's very constricted in the context of mechanics. It's not one of those effects that you can make "your own".

Yigal Mesika's DVD 'Loops Complete' is a good product because it has Finn John (the inventor of the loop) and Yigal teaching their own effects in a 2 DVD set. You also get a carrying case, making your loops easier to carry and handle (it's worth the investment, trust me).

However, you should be aware that loops, in my opinion, are a tool to create your own effects. For example, many magicians perform card effects because there's so much material that it seems a little redundant (and difficult) to invent your own effects. With loops, the same principles are applied to a large number of effects. The DVDs should be used to introduce you to concepts, and then you should be able to modify or invent your own effects to fit your persona.