View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:29 am 
Emperor Penguin

SwankyG wrote:
I think I'll purchase that noted HD variation next week. :)

Definately worth it. I was skeptical on the price at first, until it arrived with a brand spank'n new Thread Boss. And then the price made sense. Heh.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:52 pm 
Penguin

wayno wrote:
SwankyG wrote:
I think I'll purchase that noted HD variation next week. :)

Definately worth it. I was skeptical on the price at first, until it arrived with a brand spank'n new Thread Boss. And then the price made sense. Heh.

8)

Hi, what is the name of this trick if I may ask, I havent done this with a reel and would love to find this. Thanks, Roy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:48 pm 
born to perform.

I have to throw my vote in for the Spider Pen. Of all the reels and/or IT methods I've utilized, that one has to be my favorite and most reliable.

Post subject: Re: Best ITR ???
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:29 pm 
Penguin

Do not buy the spider pen unless you wear a suit. It is a bit bulky.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:55 pm 
Penguin

I hear Cyril's coming out with some new thread from Japan that's supposed to be super invisible and strong...have you guys seen his new trick on youtube CRAZY!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:37 pm 
Penguin

The GTR by Grand illusions is awesome! http://www.grandillusions.com/product/gtr/ Sturdy, quiet, EASY to work, and easy to re-thread. And the service is amazingly fast and responsive.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:01 am 
born to perform.

walker12 wrote:

Are you nuts.Its not bulky at all. Its the size of a well made pen would be. You must not have it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:58 pm 
Penguin

walker12 wrote:

Absolutely trash advice. This person has an extremely narrow point of view and likely does not even own the trick.

1) This trick has dropped an uncountable amount of panties for me, its very open and visual, and makes you feel like a jedi.

2) The pen as has never, not once, been questioned or pointed out by a spectator, and I have never once used it while wearing a suit. In fact I don't even own a suit.

3) I use it with dress shirts, t-shirts, jackets, hoodies, and even NO SHIRT AT ALL because it's easy to use from pant pockets like blue jeans.

Here are 2 pics taken 2 secs apart showing the 2 most popular positions for ME when performing:
(the pen in these pictures is the Spider Pen Pro, but I own both and they're the same size.)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:24 pm 
Penguin

Thanks for posting the photos.You actually make the pen look cool. One of the reasons I passed on Spider Pro was fear that it would stick out like a pocket protector when you wore it in your breast pocket.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:54 pm 
Penguin

Honestly when I wear a button up shirt with a pocket, my go to position is still the one in the photo, where I clip it to my center buttons. I think it's less visible and appears more natural as though I had placed it there while busy working. Also being more centered on my body is preferable when performing with it, as I seem to have more 'space' to work with.

Obviously the pants pocket is a very off-centered position, but on the other hand it could appear even more credible to being 'just a pen,' and not a gimmick as it seems much farther out of reach. Depending on your experience with itr, you may know that many techniques and routines are performed with the itr located around the belt buckle area and the pants pocket position can supplement them very well.

In my opinion wearing a pen inside the breast pocket is outdated, and is avoided as a well known fashion taboo. (Like you said 'fear that it would stick out like a pocket protector.') For that reason I never wear it in my breast pocket as I think that would draw the MOST suspicion.