View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Hypnotize
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:23 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 18 Sep 2012
Posts: 8
Hello,
About a year ago I began to study the subject of hypnosis, but I took a break for now I want to go back to study it seriously, and I want ways to learn it, such as DVD. I'm looking for something truly teach me how to hypnotize someone.
Thank you


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hypnotize
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:34 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 10 Sep 2004
Posts: 8861
Location: Las Vegas
Most of what you'll learn here is more accurately a "hypnotism act".

Many of the stage acts involve whispering in their ear as they are ushered up on stage "Play along, and we'll have some fun..." Those who don't play act well enough are usually returned to their seats.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hypnotize
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:08 am 
User avatar
Offline
Team Penguin

Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Posts: 1854
Location: Georgia
DaveV wrote:
Most of what you'll learn here is more accurately a "hypnotism act".

Many of the stage acts involve whispering in their ear as they are ushered up on stage "Play along, and we'll have some fun..." Those who don't play act well enough are usually returned to their seats.



DaveV...this simply isn't true...as a matter of fact, it couldn't be FURTHER from the Truth! You never have to tell audience members to play along...hypnosis is a natural phenomenon and it's quite easy to perform...I mean sure...it doesn't necessarily always work on everyone you bring on stage, but this is why you bring up about 20 volunteers and then weed out the fakers.

It's more far more serious than a "staged act" effect.

as for the question originally posted, I'd highly recommend you find a mentor nearby that you can watch perform and learn from. You can read books all day, but there is nothing quite like learning first hand and gaining excellent tips and knowledge from those who've been doing it for a while. They can supply you with very helpful tips and some very serious do's and don'ts. It's also nice because they can elaborate on why the do simple, yet things they do, and how they do it.

If you can't find a mentor, I'd recommend the "Little Black Book of Stage Hypnosis Secrets". It's a very good place to start and you can get it for about $15-$20

http://www.hypnobilly.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hypnotize
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:16 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 18 Sep 2012
Posts: 8
ok,
i dont think that has anyone my area who knows hypnosis.
i whached the video "trilby conecction" and then I just suggestions. But about the Hypnosis could not. Maybe it's because my language is different. And I translated what he says in the film My language (Hebrew). Is it related?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hypnotize
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:20 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Posts: 4333
Location: Arlington, TX
FOX5 wrote:
Hello,
About a year ago I began to study the subject of hypnosis, but I took a break for now I want to go back to study it seriously, and I want ways to learn it, such as DVD. I'm looking for something truly teach me how to hypnotize someone.
Thank you


http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2432

I've attended 3 of their seminars (Head Hacking group), and hypnotize a thousand random strangers a year (not stage, but walk-ups) since I began attending their stuff and watching their DVD's. That one DVD set will get you started, and teach you everything you need to know.

On a side note, I've never seen a hypnotism show where the hypnotist said anything at all while people were walking up on stage. He usually gets out of the way, or keeps talking in the microphone to the audience.

Feel free to PM me any questions you have at all.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hypnotize
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:59 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Team Penguin

Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Posts: 1854
Location: Georgia
FOX5 wrote:
ok,
i dont think that has anyone my area who knows hypnosis.
i whached the video "trilby conecction" and then I just suggestions. But about the Hypnosis could not. Maybe it's because my language is different. And I translated what he says in the film My language (Hebrew). Is it related?


It is also very important to keep in mind that language and the way that things are said/ worded are EXTREMELY important to induce hypnosis and conduct a show. If you're going to perform hypnosis, you need to be able to give CLEAR and SOLID instructions. If your volunteers have a hard time understanding what you're saying or what you mean, the trance will be very weak and the hypnosis will be ineffective.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.