View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Trustworthy websites to order stage illusions
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:04 am 
Penguin

Hey guys,

I'm sure this has probably been asked before, but I wanted to make a post myself just to be absolutely sure.

I was wondering if some of you know of any trustworthy websites that carries stage illusions and tricks. Examples of what I'm looking for is such things like jumbo sidekick, subtrunks, blammo boxes, dekolta chairs, etc. I know Penguin carries a few illusion plans, but I'm not much of a crafty person.

I'm not worried about how pricey some of these illusions may be, I just want to be sure the site I'm ordering from is a trustworthy and legit company. I've found several pages myself, but I've read only bad reviews talking about how its a scam site, props are low quality, etc. I've found sites with products suspiciously discounted by hundreds of dollars. Yeah...don't trust those pages.

Can a few of you name me a few reliable magic shops? Or perhaps tell me what your experiences are with the 2 below? Thank you! :D

http://www.kapmagic.com/

http://www.nexusmagicstore.com/

Post subject: Re: Trustworthy websites to order stage illusions
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:26 pm 
Penguin

You named Jumbo Sidekick in your list which isn't a stage illusion but a card trick. It is available from Viking.

Some illusions are only licensed to certain builders. A couple reliable builders are Smoky Mountain Magic, Rich Hill, Wellington, Thomas Clark, Fairchild, and others.

Even basic illusions are going to cost at least $1,000 but can go up to $10,000+.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:25 am 
Penguin

Sorry for the late reply, but thank you your answer was very helpful.

I'm aware that the jumbo sidekick isn't an illusion. Still, it was one of several tricks that I was hoping to get and like the others, it's pretty expensive. Maybe not nearly as expensive as the others, but I just wanted to make sure I'm getting it from a reliable source. Thanks again for your help. If you have any other recommendations, I'd love to hear it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:12 am 
Penguin

If things are too expensive to buy new there is a second hand market out there. Just make sure you are buying an item that is built by a good builder. I love my sidekick, i just don't use it as much as I would like. The issue when purchasing the big items is if you will have a location to perform it, have a way of transporting them, and if your clients will pay enough for you to recover your costs. Oh and of course if you will have a reliable assistant and will be able to pay them. A lot of guys out there have one assistant which is their wife. This way their assistant is committed to the success.