View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Best guide for passes/shuffles
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:49 pm 
Penguin

Any opinions on the best DVD or book for learning basic-advanced card passes and shuffles?
:D

Post subject: Re: Best guide for passes/shuffles
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:54 pm 
born to perform.

Jason England has a nice Download over at Theory 11. It covers the classic pass and the main variations of it(Dribble, Jiggle, ect.)
Luke Jermay has a nice download here at penguin on the dribble pass.
If you want stuff on cover passes look into Aaron Fisher. He has done quite a bit of work with cover passes and variations of it.

If you are looking for tabled stuff get Richard Turners, Shifts, Hops, and Magical Passes.

As for shuffles....What do you want? Basic shuffles, shuffle stacking, or false shuffles?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:06 pm 
Penguin

"The Expert at the Card Table" may be a difficult read, but it remains the most regarded reference for what you are seeking.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:42 am 
Penguin

The brick pass by Alex pandrea. Admittedly I don't have it yet but I am definitely going to get it. It got 93 and 94 on wpr. (I think)

I don't really know for shuffles though. You could check out complete card magic volume six forces, shuffles, flourishes. If you want class shuffles Luke jermay has a download that teaches 3 of them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:24 am 
born to perform.

Yes I will second the brick pass. I got that after my previous post and that one probably helped me more than any other single resource.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:26 pm 
Penguin

ON THE PASS by Richard Kaufman. It teaches many different versions of the pass. Kaufman has them all mastered.

The other guys are right about the brick pass, it's really good.

And don't overlook Youtube. The pass is also known as the SHIFT. Type in either and you should come up with plenty to play with until your DVD comes in the mail.

As far as shuffles, here's a link to one of the best and most deceptive false shuffle, it's called the Heinstein Shuffle. I paid $30 for it when it was only a VHS copy...now you can learn it for free:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzvW8B4c ... w&index=38

You'll also definately want to learn the Zarrow Shuffle, it's the biggie in magic. It's so clever it's been used by crooked dealers for years.

If you really want to immerse yourself in false shuffles save your pennies up for the Lennart Green DVDs. There are two different sets, both teach the best of the best card magic you'll ever learn. One entire DVD is devoted to only false shuffles; prepare to give up women and lock yourself in a room for the next 20 years to master this stuff.

And definately buy a couple of good gambling books, GAMBLING SCAMS by Darwin Ortiz (is the bible of crooked gambling) and 52 WAYS TO CHEAT AT POKER by Allen Kronzek (this last gem is densely packed with tons of really great material...and it slipped right under the magic world's radar).