View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My Favorite Technique
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:07 pm 
born to perform.

What i'll do is go up to a specific type of person you see everywhere. Have you ever seen that guy at the resteraunt, bar, cafe, etc. who takes out their wallet, keys, and phone and just leaves them on the table. What I do is find that guy and take off my jacket or sweatshirt and slink it over my arm at a resting postion. I will lay my jacket over the target he left on the table and do the trick. Then I will pick up my jaacket and the target and put the jacket on and slip the target in my pocket. I'll show him another. If it's his phone or keys, I'll start to leave then go: Oh, heres your phone/keys back. If it's his wallet, I have a little more fun, i'll ask for a bill to borrow, then he'll look all over for it in a panic. Finally I'll give it back and give him the warning to be more careful in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:33 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Not exactly pickpocketing in my opinion nor does it sound that impressive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:02 pm 
born to perform.

i's simple. that's the point.

Post subject: Re: My Favorite Technique
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:01 am 
Penguin

It's simple, but is it magic? If all you're doing is laying your jacket over his possessions, then taking them (without any sleight of
hand, practiced pickpocketing skill, or misdirection), where's the magic in it?

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:38 pm 
Penguin

PadreZ wrote:
It's simple, but is it magic? If all you're doing is laying your jacket over his possessions, then taking them (without any sleight of
hand, practiced pickpocketing skill, or misdirection), where's the magic in it?

Why does it have to be difficult to be magic? It is the effect that counts, right? I've never used the technique tiggerkim is talking about, but it sounds like it could work if presented right. Some spectators probably won't even realize their wallet was laying on the counter to begin with. I'm not sure if I could make this technique work, but I don't see why someone couldn't if they are creative enough.

Derren Brown mentioned in one of his books that he had an effect in which he had three selected cards from spectators appear under their drinking glasses. He spent a lot of time trying to devise some difficult sleight to get the cards in the right place, but instead he ended up just putting them under the glasses...no sleight of hand, he just places them there (at the right moment, of course) and it achieved what he set out to do.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:00 am 
Penguin

This is like stealing a safe and then giving it back to show it could be done. Your spectator hasn't agreed to any of this and a case could be made for theft.