View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Where can I purchase this effect?
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:32 am 
Penguin

Just like the title says, does anyone know where i can purchase this effect and what is it called?. thank you so much. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOU2WXaDEs0

Post subject: Re: Where can I purchase this effect?
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:15 am 
Penguin

It's a variation of Copperfield's Graffiti Wall trick, which came from a book titled GEMS OF MENTAL MAGIC by Arthur Buckley. In the original Buckly version a chair is brought out to retrieve a large envelope suspended over the stage (when the magician climbs off the chair the secret something happens). In Copperfield's version the secret something happens when he reaches for the knife to open the envelope. In the current version from your video the secret lies in the table brought out on stage. Something like this, if bought from a magic shop is goung to set you back a couple grand at minimum.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:50 am 
Penguin

Richard Ostlerlind has a low-rent version of this on one of his DVDs, in which he credit's Copperfield's Grafitti Wall. It uses a standard see-through force bag. I killed with it at our church's Stone Soup. Does anybody recall on which DVD this was?

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:06 pm 
Penguin

I did some checking, and the Osterlind effect I was referring to was "The Original TCB Routine," off of Osterlind's "No Camera Tricks" 3-DVD Set. It's not cheap ($75.00 if you buy it new and pay retail,) but there is a LOT of material here. I own about a dozen Osterlind DVD's and have performed more off of "No Camera Tricks" than any of the others. http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2272