View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Melting Point by Casshan Wallace
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:14 am 
born to perform.

Oh my God. This is so crazy cool. Melting Point by Casshan Wallace. I just got this on Thursday and watched the D.V.D. ( Two Words ) Buy now. OK got to go and learn this now.

Post subject: Re: Melting Point by Casshan Wallace
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:22 pm 
Penguin

This rubber band trick originated in the book WHEN CREATORS COLLIDE (1987) by Jay Sankey and Richard Sanders. OR, if Mr. Wallace came up with this on his own a very close variation has already been invented. Sankey's routine is superior in my opinion, you don't have to get into any kind of 'ready' position like you see at the start of this video. This just isn't practical for its $20 price tag; maybe if there were more tricks in the dvd.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:48 am 
born to perform.

There are a few more tricks on the D.V.D. There is like 4 effects he goes over. There is his version of crazy man handcuffs, rubber band thru finger, and two ways to do melting point. One way is a easy way to do the set up even though both ways are easy to do. 20 bucks is high I will agree but I can tell you I already did this last night at my bar and it killed everybody.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:16 pm 
Penguin

Not intending to go (Too far) off topic here: I have been performing "Crazy Man's Handcuffs" for years (ever since it was commercially available). It was so simple to learn, that it took about 6 months of rehearsal to believe I could actually pull it off.

It was consequently the first trick that got the "grab-the-chest-and-gasp-in-awe" reaction from a spectator. After several hundred thousand performances, I have decided to put it away...but then I get that reaction again...

Best ten dollars spent on a trick in my entire career!

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:22 pm 
Penguin

the only issue I have with this melting point is that the rubberband sizes have to be perfect and the bands are different . with raw linkage I can literly use any rubberband sometimes I will use a rubberband and a hair elastic I feel no restrictions with raw linkage and I can perform it more often than this one and the setup is cleaner but don't get me wrong both look equally great but if I had to choose id pick raw linkage

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:32 am 
Penguin

Slightly off-topic, but well worth your consideration...

The gimmick for the trick 'Ya-ya' by PH uses a girl's hair tie. I'm not exposing the trick as you'd still have to buy it to learn exactly how the hook-up works, and which kind of tie to use (not just any will work, only a very specific type).

Ya-ya is well worth the $35 as in addition to the main trick you learn LOTS more tricks on the accompanying dvd. With the main trick in which you make a Sharpie cap vanish, then reappear, without ever adjusting the gimmick on your hand (the entire trick is one-handed in case I wasn't clear).

There's one trick that I really think is impressive...with a wave of your cell phone the Sharpie cap is 'absorbed' onto the screen (hands are shown empty, both sides of cell too if you like). I've been playing with the idea of performing a 'Matrix' type of effect wherein 4 caps are absorbed and un-absorbed back into reality using two borrowed phones.

You can cause lots of small objects to vanish and re-appear using the Ya-ya gimmick and principle. It's a very unique hook-up that I've never seen before in my extensive years as a magic collector (and career as a magic hack).

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:28 pm 
Penguin

Last edited by javier_9_9_9 on Fri May 31, 2013 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:47 am 
born to perform.

4 min really?? Wow. Thats a lot!!!! I think magic just might not be your cup of tea.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:06 am 
Penguin

it was a friend that took my account and post that i love melting point and he didnt like it so sorry casshan. :? :? :? :?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:08 am 
Penguin

it wasnt javier_9_9_9 it was our friend

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:11 am 
Penguin

exactly it wasnt me hahaha

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:46 am 

Your "friend" can get YOU banned so don't let him use your name again. Change your password so he can't log in in your name. His comments were very destructive and should have caused an instant ban but I saw that you are very new. So instead you are on the watch list.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:37 pm 
Penguin

Paddy:
Do you still perform around Cincinnati? I used to live there (I was a locksmith there for 7(ish) years. It'd be nice to look you up on our next visit.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:24 am 

Grandstan wrote:
Paddy:
Do you still perform around Cincinnati? I used to live there (I was a locksmith there for 7(ish) years. It'd be nice to look you up on our next visit.

Yes I'm still active but have slowed down a LOT since my last heart attack on Mar 4th.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:16 pm 
Penguin

Grandstan wrote:
Not intending to go (Too far) off topic here: I have been performing "Crazy Man's Handcuffs" for years (ever since it was commercially available).

Haha I'm pretty sure that Crazy Man's handcuffs was published in Tarbell before it was called Crazy Man's handcuffs, it is a great effect though. I still remember seeing Copperfield do it and swearing that the bands melted through each other. Beautiful!