View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: iPhone trick help
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:39 am 
Penguin

Hi guys. I am trying to do the one where you pull a folded card out of a iPhone. But every time I try to stop the slide show. The iPhoto options show up. Is there another app i can get so they can't see I am in my pictures?

Post subject: Re: iPhone trick help
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:08 pm 
Penguin

This is just my opinion so please don't take this personal. Why would you ever do a trick that it so obvious how it is done? The spectator will never ever believe that their card was ever in your phone. The method is so clearly an app that no one, even my grandma (God rest her soul) who's never even seen an iphone would believe that.

Instead of trying to find that app, get a good book on magic and learn something that will actually entertain and possibly fool someone.

Again, this is all just the opinion of some dude, so don't take this as an attack on you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:48 am 
Penguin

I don't perform the effect but I know that Craig Petty loves the trick. I might email him at worldmagicshop.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:06 am 
Penguin

Use iproject by alan rorrison, it's simple and sweet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:28 am 
Penguin

Check out boris the pet spider app. very easy to do and you will get unbelievable reactions from performing it!!! I promise!
it's basically a take on Jim pases the web but with a smartphone and it's a lot easier and more convenient to perform than his version.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:25 pm 
Penguin

edrezin wrote:
This is just my opinion so please don't take this personal. Why would you ever do a trick that it so obvious how it is done? The spectator will never ever believe that their card was ever in your phone. The method is so clearly an app that no one, even my grandma (God rest her soul) who's never even seen an iphone would believe that.

Instead of trying to find that app, get a good book on magic and learn something that will actually entertain and possibly fool someone.

Again, this is all just the opinion of some dude, so don't take this as an attack on you.
Just because YOU couldn't trick someone with an iphone app does not mean the OP can't either.

According to your theory, why would any spectator ever believe any card trick ever? After all everyone knows cards are used as the medium for a performer to perform a trick. Everyone knows no actual magic is taking place, and this is especially reinforced as soon as a deck of cards comes out, as a deck of cards have been synonymous with magic performance since the beginning of time. That being said I would argue that a trick which includes transferring the hero's card 'into' and 'out of' an iphone would add MORE of that 'actual magic' feel to it then without.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:17 pm 
Penguin

malfy wrote:
edrezin wrote:

Just because YOU couldn't trick someone with an iphone app does not mean the OP can't either.

According to your theory, why would any spectator ever believe any card trick ever? After all everyone knows cards are used as the medium for a performer to perform a trick. Everyone knows no actual magic is taking place, and this is especially reinforced as soon as a deck of cards comes out, as a deck of cards have been synonymous with magic performance since the beginning of time. That being said I would argue that a trick which includes transferring the hero's card 'into' and 'out of' an iphone would add MORE of that 'actual magic' feel to it then without.

Couldn't and Wouldn't are two different things.
Iphone "magic" offers only one possible solution- the app did it. With MOST card magic (which usually sucks a$$ anyway) the spectator is not left knowing EXACTLY how it was done. At least leave them with a little mystery.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:43 pm 
Penguin

couldn't was the appropriate term here. I have fooled people with iphone apps more than once, and they had no idea it was the app or even suspected it. Which means based on my personal experience your statement that "The spectator will never ever believe..." must not actually be true, and is just the result of your experience. Therefore it can be implied that where I can pull off fooling them, you can't, thus you couldn't do it even if you tried.

I've fooled people with the calculator app, and the default iphone messenger app. The app is not the solution, rather how I manipulated the interaction is. Shock! iphone "magic" where the app was NOT the solution at all. Not to mention a quick google of "iphone magic trick no app" returns several.

The difference between a genius and a loser are the number of options they perceive.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:39 pm 
Penguin

malfy wrote:
couldn't was the appropriate term here. I have fooled people with iphone apps more than once, and they had no idea it was the app or even suspected it. Which means based on my personal experience your statement that "The spectator will never ever believe..." must not actually be true, and is just the result of your experience. Therefore it can be implied that where I can pull off fooling them, you can't, thus you couldn't do it even if you tried.

I've fooled people with the calculator app, and the default iphone messenger app. The app is not the solution, rather how I manipulated the interaction is. Shock! iphone "magic" where the app was NOT the solution at all. Not to mention a quick google of "iphone magic trick no app" returns several.

The difference between a genius and a loser are the number of options they perceive.

The only person you have fooled is yourself (IMHO), but please, by all means, continue on with your quest to spread your wonderful style of magic upon the world. After all you have fooled people more than once, so what do I know.

Meanwhile back in reality... People have different opinions.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:56 pm 
Penguin

hmmm I didn't realize I was trying to spread a specific style of magic, in fact I didn't even know I had one. This whole time I thought I was suggesting that an outcome you speculate is impossible, actually is possible based on my real experience.

Any post where you feel I was trying to spread my 'brand of magic' is a mistake on your part. My intention was to inform the OP that the iphone app can in fact have wildly successful results, and it's probably not useful to just give up right away because a forum troll said its 'unbelievable.'

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:10 pm 
Penguin

malfy wrote:
hmmm I didn't realize I was trying to spread a specific style of magic, in fact I didn't even know I had one. This whole time I thought I was suggesting that an outcome you speculate is impossible, actually is possible based on my real experience.

Any post where you feel I was trying to spread my 'brand of magic' is a mistake on your part. My intention was to inform the OP that the iphone app can in fact have wildly successful results, and it's probably not useful to just give up right away because a forum troll said its 'unbelievable.'

Just a heads up... when someone starts a post with "this is just my opinion" it means just that. Please feel free to debate and tell me why I'm wrong, but be respectful, no need to start with the "troll" comments.