View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Building a Routine
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:23 am 
Penguin

I'm relatively new to card magic, and I've tried many tricks. The one trick I do that I always do well, and gets a lot of WOWs is "Dr. Daley's Last Trick". It's quick, has a great punch line, and doesn't require a lot of understanding and concentration from the spectator. I also like "Red Hot Mama", and "Oil and Water", but the one that spectators remember is the "Dr. Daley" trick. I'm also working on the Ambitious Card Routine, but I don't do it perfectly, and it may be too repetitive for me. Can anyone recommend some another card tricks that may suit me.
Gabe

Post subject: Re: Building a Routine
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:13 am 
Penguin

I think you should develop the ambitious card but just stick to two phases. You can build on more phases in the future. I think anyone who seen the ACR by professionals there are so many phases. I can lose the mind of the spectator if too long anyways. I like the Gemini Twins. Its phenomenal and it only requires one move, and the rest is patter. You can find that on the bill malone on the loose dvds.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:15 am 
Penguin

Oh and David Blaine's here then there effect is amazing as well. Anyone whos been around awhile in magic should be able to pick it up on their own. I use one phase of the Ambitious Card Routine to set up for "here then there"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:39 pm 
Penguin

While I'm not a big fan of packet tricks, I love "Twisted Sisters." http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2619. I'm a sucker for effects that have multiple magical moments, and TS has three. My favorite part is that at the end, all the heat is on the ungimicked cards.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:38 pm 
Penguin

When you can afford them I would highly recommend the EASY TO MASTER CARD MIRACLES by Michael Ammar and L&L Publishing. This series has gone through the entire spectrum of ALL of card magic and published the best card tricks ever invented in the last 75 years. Until you can afford them you can go get the names of these tricks off the DVD ads and learn them from books. Once you see them performed though, you'll want all 9 DVDs, their worth their weight in gold! And that is not an exageration.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:09 am 
Penguin

I agree with the post about th4e Ammar easy to master dvd's. However, I think you should just buy ETM # 1 and #2. These are the best of the series, and have so much on them to get you going. I would Highly recomment Jay Sankeys Paperclipped dvd as well. That is a killer effect and you can use it as your closer anytime!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:21 pm 
Penguin

When I perform Dr. Daley I go right into a version of Out of this World. It makes a lot of sense after you just transposed 2 colors you can check to see if your spectator can divine the colors of the cards. It flows well for me. Plus most versions of out of this world are self working to one extent or the other.